Question Will upgrading to the Ryzen 5 3600 Fix My Bottleneck? Do I Even Have a Bottleneck?

oldtreebranch

Prominent
Dec 30, 2019
I have a ryzen 5 2600 and a rx 5600 xt in my pc. I've noticed that my gpu rarely hits anywhere near 70-100% usage. I thought that having the 5600 xt with the 5 2600 would be fine, but I guess not. My cpu stays around 30-50% usage and my gpu around 50-60 and sometimes in the 70's. Is there a problem with my cpu or gpu, or is there simply just a bottleneck. Would upgrading to a 5 3600 fix my issue? Thanks so much!

Lutfij

Titan
In order to suggest any upgrades, you're asked to stylize your post like so;

Atop of that this thread, might have tried to solve the issue;
but IMHO, you didn't list your full system's specs. Does the issue crop up with only that one game or other titles?

To add, what are you taxing the system with anyways? I'm assuming off of that thread that the system is taxed with that one game.

oldtreebranch

Prominent
Dec 30, 2019

but IMHO, you didn't list your full system's specs. Does the issue crop up with only that one game or other titles?

To add, what are you taxing the system with anyways? I'm assuming off of that thread that the system is taxed with that one game.
My specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 (stock cooler)
GPU: XFX RX 5600 xt THICC II Pro
Ram: CORSAIR - Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2PK 8GB) DDR4
MOBO: Gigabyte B450M DS3H

Also it only seems to happen is more demanding games like Rust, Warzone, and Tarkov for example.

oldtreebranch

Prominent
Dec 30, 2019

The Ryzen 5 2600 won't bottleneck the 5600 XT. The GPU is the weak one here. Upgrading CPU will do next to nothing.
How come my gpu is not being used to its full potential. I feel like if it is the weak component then it will be being used to 100%. I recently put in my 570 4gb to test because I was selling it and it was being utilized 100% in rust, but not the 5600 xt. Same cpu and everything.

sonofjesse

Distinguished
I never saw what your problem is?

Are you having an issue gaming? it sounds like your worried about something that has not materialized (low FPS etc). If your not having an issue gaming, I wouldn't worry.

I see so many posts here just of worry, computers are fast, get out their GAME use the PC. When you run into a real issue, then come back :)

oldtreebranch

Prominent
Dec 30, 2019
I never saw what your problem is?

Are you having an issue gaming? it sounds like your worried about something that has not materialized (low FPS etc). If your not having an issue gaming, I wouldn't worry.

I see so many posts here just of worry, computers are fast, get out their GAME use the PC. When you run into a real issue, then come back :)
Well yes my computer should be fast and run more demanding games. My problem is my gpu isnt being used to its full potential giving me lower fps than i would be happy with. I dont want to play my games at 50-60 fps on lower settings it just doesnt make sense for how much money I put into my pc. If i did I would buy an xbox or ps4.

I guess my real problem now is that if my cpu isnt bottlenecking my gpu than is there something wrong with my gpu. I did buy it second hand from let go for 240 so maybe there is something wrong with my gpu, and is there a way to check the health of my gpu.

Well yes my computer should be fast and run more demanding games. My problem is my gpu isnt being used to its full potential giving me lower fps than i would be happy with. I dont want to play my games at 50-60 fps on lower settings it just doesnt make sense for how much money I put into my pc. If i did I would buy an xbox or ps4.

I guess my real problem now is that if my cpu isnt bottlenecking my gpu than is there something wrong with my gpu. I did buy it second hand from let go for 240 so maybe there is something wrong with my gpu, and is there a way to check the health of my gpu.
Low CPU usage doesn't necessarily mean the CPU isn't causing a bottleneck. Some games don't scale well with multiple cores and depend more on single core performance. If you want to verify there is a problem with the GPU, run it through GPU heavy benchmarks like Unigine (Heaven or Superposition) or 3DMark and compare it with what reviews have gotten with it.

oldtreebranch

Prominent
Dec 30, 2019
Low CPU usage doesn't necessarily mean the CPU isn't causing a bottleneck. Some games don't scale well with multiple cores and depend more on single core performance. If you want to verify there is a problem with the GPU, run it through GPU heavy benchmarks like Unigine (Heaven or Superposition) or 3DMark and compare it with what reviews have gotten with it.
Okay I'm going to factory reset my pc and then run some of the benchmarks. Thank you for the suggestion!

oldtreebranch

Prominent
Dec 30, 2019
I factory reset my pc, and in some games it has seemed to help. I'm not sure why but it does seem to use more gpu than it did im getting 80-90% usage now. Not sure if i had something downloaded that was screwing my pc up.