[SOLVED] Will USB-C output to HDMI for a triple monitor set up on my Lenovo Laptop?

Eman2772

Reputable
Jul 2, 2017
I have a Lenovo Legion series laptop and need to set up two additional monitors to it. It has a NVIDIA 1660 Ti and one HDMI out, along with another USB-C out. I read that USB-C actually outputs to HDMI as well. I am purchasing a USB-C to HDMI adapter. I plan on using the one HDMI out to an HDMI monitor, and then doing USB-C to HDMI into another monitor - I need to EXTEND all these displays. Is this set up correct?

Solution
USB C may work for you but you need to find out if your model has USB C alt mode for HDMI, which is most likely it does. Lenovo support can tell you for sure or read the specs of your model. The Legion laptops do support dual external displays but I am not sure if you can use the laptop screen along with that, again Lenovo support is a good source to check.
USB C may work for you but you need to find out if your model has USB C alt mode for HDMI, which is most likely it does. Lenovo support can tell you for sure or read the specs of your model. The Legion laptops do support dual external displays but I am not sure if you can use the laptop screen along with that, again Lenovo support is a good source to check.

Solution