[SOLVED] Will using ASUS Optimal void my CPU warranty?

Jun 14, 2020
Hi, when I was making a recent RAM tweak to my BIOS, I spotted a setting titled "ASUS Optimal". Upon further research, it appears to be a tuning setting that may give better performance out of your CPU. However, most of the threads I found were dated (nearing a decade old) and didn't really answer this question:

Does using ASUS Optimal void my CPU's warranty like typical overclocking would?

I only ask this because I know some tools like MSI Afterburner do not void hardware warranties, so I was wondering if anyone here knows whether this setting would void it. I tried to get in touch with my manufacturer's support but they're closed right now and I don't particularly feel like waiting around to find a good time to do live chat with them.

It'd be really awesome if this feature could offer better performance, because it seems like my CPU is a minor bottleneck in some cases (EG: the Witcher 3 next-gen upgrade) and getting a bit more performance out of it would be awesome.

SPECS:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600g
  • RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) DDR4
  • Mobo: ASUS PRIME B450M-A II
  • GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8G
  • Storage: 2x480gb Kingston SATA SSDs, 2tb Seagate HDD (7200rpm)

Jun 14, 2020
It seems it can be a slight overclock, the answers you get depend on the board. Probably just increases power limits, thats usually how they do it.

Asus optimal
Optimal

I doubt it voids warranty.
Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure how I missed those links in my search but after reading those, I think I'll stick with it as it is now. If I get myself a new CPU cooler (instead of the stock one), I may try it out but for now, I'll leave it as-is.

Reactions: Colif