Will vrm have lower temp if im using aio water cooling

genca

Honorable
Dec 5, 2017
as the tile say, if i use cm ml240l water cooling will i have lower vrm temps?Im choosing between be quiet pure rock and ml240l, and i think better option is water cooler just bcs i plan to overclock my r5 1600, mobo is gigabyte x370 gaming 5. Case is nzxt s340. I know this is a noob question, but i want to know everything before i buy pc. Btw where i should mount ml240l in this case?

Solution
You'll have higher vrm temps with water cooling.

Really not an issue on that board with a 1600, even at it's close to max 4ghz it still only pulls 100w.

What is an issue is the s340 is absolutely awful design wise for a 240mm aio.
The only place to fit it is im the front as an intake & the airflow is that stunted that

1. Ypull get higher temps than with a good tower air cooler
2. It'll inflate gpu temps monstrously.

Stick to a decent air cooler , 2 x 140mm front intake fans , & the 2 pre-fitted 120mm exhausts.
plenty for that ryzen with none of the negatives.
I agree with the above. It's very common to lose all VRM cooling if you don't pay attention to it specifically.
Here is a test of the Scythe Fuma cooler.
https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8409/scythe-fuma-rev-cpu-cooler-review/index6.html
You will see that it's up in the middle of some 240mm AIO coolers. Water cooling isn't a magic wand. It still dumps the heat into room temperature air.
Until you get into custom loops that include the GPU I don't see much in it.
You're definitely asking the right questions.

genca

Honorable
Dec 5, 2017
So even if i go with this water cooling ill be having higher vrm temps than using air cooling that i mentioned above?I would like to go with water cooling just bcs it isnt so big and dont block my ram and looks good

You'll have higher vrm temps with water cooling.

Really not an issue on that board with a 1600, even at it's close to max 4ghz it still only pulls 100w.

What is an issue is the s340 is absolutely awful design wise for a 240mm aio.
The only place to fit it is im the front as an intake & the airflow is that stunted that

1. Ypull get higher temps than with a good tower air cooler
2. It'll inflate gpu temps monstrously.

Stick to a decent air cooler , 2 x 140mm front intake fans , & the 2 pre-fitted 120mm exhausts.
plenty for that ryzen with none of the negatives.

Solution
If it's what you want do it. Just be sure that you have good air flow across the VRM area, and maybe add some heatsinks if there aren't any. Most air coolers don't directly cool the VRMs. But there is air moving around that area. VRM cooling can provide more voltage for an overclock situation. It's worth doing in and of itself.
Personally I like the way air cooling looks.
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachments/trifire-004-jpg.99715/

I would recommend the

Case Radiator Support: Front 2 x 140 or 2 x 120mm

Air flow is key to VRM cooling. You will have room for a couple more fans.

NZXT FN V2 RF-FN122-RB 120mm Performance Case Fan
https://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?p=FAN-FN122W&c=fr&hash=af75ma6NtYcAisbtHLD14cBENLgRXOU04WWJV%2FaRx90zibbVfDaxP3C49Dsr5pnNSng%2BwvUmcJXnq99iwbShdwC%2B0MJAlVR%2BypKiPeVXUkt3hPqYgUumgnFx&gclid=CjwKCAjwt5DXBRAtEiwAa3vyEnwqmU3U8tbPSTf-S-q752WkuR_fqlA54kxlSkZSq1hSLxrEfdOMzxoCxLIQAvD_BwE

Fan Support:
Front: 2x 140/2x120mm
Top: 1x 140/120mm (1 x 120mm FN V2 Fans Included)
Rear: 1x 120mm (1 x 120mm FN V2 Fan Included)

genca

Honorable
Dec 5, 2017

genca

Honorable
Dec 5, 2017
Oh and 1 more question. Can i remove the fan that is coming with be quiet pure rock and replace it with rgb fan from corsair?For example the one i linked above?If i cant do it, can you suggest me a rgb fan that can replace that one?

Yes you can , not sure why you'd want to

That case comes with 2 exhaust fans , that 3 pack of 120's will fill the front as intakes.

You dont need any more fans apart from those.

Why not use a h7 quad lumi or deepcool gammaxx gt - both come with rgb fans ??

genca

Honorable
Dec 5, 2017
I checked them now, and price is bigger for 20euros than for be quiet. And can i controll rgb on corsair fans with rgb fusion? I mean can i sync my corsair k70, my motherboard and corsair fans ? Atm im reading that fans are controlled just by controller and cant be controlled by motherboard. I dont want different effects on fans, and different on mobo and keyboard

^ then what you would do is just buy an rgb splitter, ignore the controller that comes with the fans.

https://www.amazon.com/Strip-Splitter-Tanbin-Connector-Strips/dp/B075SHGKFP/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1524926043&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=rgb+3+way+splitter&dpPl=1&dpID=51lPcp6YnYL&ref=plSrch

Connect all 3 fans to it , then plug it to the led header on the board.

There is also another led header on the board for the Cpu fan so you could synchronise everything via the BIOS or with the rgb fusion software.

Apr 28, 2018

It works fine for me, and I have the H440 (notably bad airflow).

genca

Honorable
Dec 5, 2017
I think that i wont have problems just because i wont oc it too much, but on the other side i trust people who told me to not go with water cooling. Plus there are news that ryzen 3rd gen will probably hit 5ghz so in that case i think it is more future proof to go with air cooler

I dontbhave a problem with the master liquid lite in all honesty , its a good budget aio.

The issue is with the s340, it will only take a 240mm rad as a fromt intake & the case is poorly deaigned for that (as a lot of these solid fronted cases are).
The h440 takes a top mount exhaust aio no issue, the s340 doesnt.

The only case Id fit a aio as a front intake would be one the fully open mesh front panel case types.

looking at it the view 31 would work yes.

Also these cases would be fine with the rad as a front intake (they have mesh fronts with uncompromised airflow)

https://ipon.hu/shop/termek/fractal-design-meshify-c-tg-ablakos-fekete/1598695

https://ipon.hu/shop/termek/fractal-design-focus-g-ablakos-feherfekete/1580770

They may also take a top mount exhaust rad but it depends on the board,that gaming 5 has massive plastic shrouding near the top.

the focus g is available in a lot of colours (ignore the mini as its an matx case) & many would consider a best buy.

here's my issue

ryzne_1600_op.jpg

your proposed stuff is 146261 ft

for very similar money you can get an x470 board & a 2600x ,forego the liquid cooler because you dont need it.
The 2600x performs essentially the same as a 1600 clocked at 4ghz.

ryzen_2600x.jpg

If you want to stick with the orginal 1600 cpu & cooler then honestly change the board,that x370 is way overpriced & a b350 is fine for overclocking a ryzen 5

genca

Honorable
Dec 5, 2017
Well as you said, i wont buy liquid cooler. For case, ill see what i will take because it doesnt really matter if i dont go with liquid cooler. But for mobo idk what to do. This asus prime is so ugly, i mean it doesnt have much rgb, but what benifits i have if i take it instead of gigabyte x370. I know ill have less ram compatibility problems if i take x470 but idont know what more.

The x470 was only a suggestion if going for the 2600x to guarantee compatibility .

If going for the 1600 id be looking at the b350 asus strix or MSI gaming pro carbon.

Theyre substantially cheaper than the x370 k5 & you don't lose much feature wise at all

genca

Honorable
Dec 5, 2017
Well x370 one has much more rgb haha. For the first i was looking at b350 strix but i read that bios updates arent so often for b350 chipset and there are so many ram compatibility problems. And it doesnt have enough rgb