Will warranty be voided?

jibko66

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017
So, i killed my card with my monitor as i was trying to hook up a cable into it but there were sparks and then i understood my home wasnt properly grounded Anyway....i have sent the card for repair and i really want to know if the warranty will be voided or no cuz i am really scared it is a 1060 and it costs 300 euro and i dont have any money right now. It is asus one. Please help

Solution
It depends on the terms of the particular warranty, but in general things that specifically would void it are "unusual" and intentionally done like taking the cooler off to replace it or overclocking. Just having it damaged in the course of normal use doesn't seem like a thing that should void a warranty. Here it's possible also that the electric utility can be made to pay damages for damaged equipment under certain circumstances (I have no clue what your local laws are like).
It depends on the terms of the particular warranty, but in general things that specifically would void it are "unusual" and intentionally done like taking the cooler off to replace it or overclocking. Just having it damaged in the course of normal use doesn't seem like a thing that should void a warranty. Here it's possible also that the electric utility can be made to pay damages for damaged equipment under certain circumstances (I have no clue what your local laws are like).

Solution