[SOLVED] Will win 10 pro activate with a win 7 pro key code?

LTVETTE2

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
I have an old dvd with win 7 pro on it that I never used. I do have a new build on horizon, and am holding off on a copy of win 10 pro to see if I can actually use the win 7 pro code. Will it work, or should I hedge my bet and get a copy of win 10 pro in case? I don't want to end up with an unused dvd of win 10 pro kicking around, and no place to call home.
Thank you, LT

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
I have an old dvd with win 7 pro on it that I never used. I do have a new build on horizon, and am holding off on a copy of win 10 pro to see if I can actually use the win 7 pro code. Will it work, or should I hedge my bet and get a copy of win 10 pro in case? I don't want to end up with an unused dvd of win 10 pro kicking around, and no place to call home.
Thank you, LT
Yes, it should work.
I did exactly this a few weeks ago.

At worst, your new Win 10 install is Unactivated, until such time as you purchase a valid Win 10 license.
It will run just fine.

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
Thank you, LT
Yes, it should work.
I did exactly this a few weeks ago.

At worst, your new Win 10 install is Unactivated, until such time as you purchase a valid Win 10 license.
It will run just fine.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS