Will windows 10 erase all my files

Status
Not open for further replies.

footbrake4life

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Ok so it seems based on what I have read that windows 10 will replace my windows 7 and put win7 in a windows.old folder. But my question is will windows 10 install and erase my pictures, games, software, etc.? From what I have read on Microsoft's FAQs it will not, but I have not read from them that it will not erase my stuff. Can anyone that has upgraded and not done a clean install confirm yes or no? Thank you.

Solution
Yes, it will keep all your files and games and even weird things like custom environment variables you setup so you can program in coding languages.

Only major issue is your drivers might be out of date, grab the actual windows 10 driver for your GPU from AMD/Nvidia first so you can install it right away.
Yes, it will keep all your files and games and even weird things like custom environment variables you setup so you can program in coding languages.

Only major issue is your drivers might be out of date, grab the actual windows 10 driver for your GPU from AMD/Nvidia first so you can install it right away.

Solution

footbrake4life

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013

Thank you, you tha real MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.