[SOLVED] Will Windows 10 install/run on a Dell studio 1749 laptop

digital_ecologist

Reputable
Sep 26, 2018
Hello. I have two dell studio 1749 laptops from around 2010. I know they're old, but they've continued to run quite well right up until Windows 7 end-of-life. Is it possible to install and run Windows 10 on these machines?

Solution
The better laptop has this 8 GB of RAM, a 500 GB SSD, and an I5 processor with the base speed of 2.4 GHz. The other ones got 6 GB of RAM and a 7200 RPM spinning drive, with the same processor. If the upgrade to Windows 10 works on the better laptop, I would probably get an identical solid-state for the weaker one.
Yes, that should/will run Win 10 no problem.
People, myself included, have it running on much cheesier hardware.

digital_ecologist

Reputable
Sep 26, 2018
The better laptop has this 8 GB of RAM, a 500 GB SSD, and an I5 processor with the base speed of 2.4 GHz. The other ones got 6 GB of RAM and a 7200 RPM spinning drive, with the same processor. If the upgrade to Windows 10 works on the better laptop, I would probably get an identical solid-state for the weaker one.

USAFRet

Titan
Yes, that should/will run Win 10 no problem.
People, myself included, have it running on much cheesier hardware.

Solution