[SOLVED] Will windows 10 run on a HP ProLiant DL380 G7 2U 8x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deatbstrike19781

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019
Hi i have a spare HP proliant dl380 g7 2u 8x and i would like to set it up with windows 10 i have heard that if i install windows server then windows 10 it will work but i just wanted to make sure and ask here

Solution
If you have windows 10 Pro you can install it on a dual socket motherboard. The biggest problem you will have is getting a driver for the RAID controller. You will have to slipstream that onto your installation media.

kanewolf

Titan
If you have windows 10 Pro you can install it on a dual socket motherboard. The biggest problem you will have is getting a driver for the RAID controller. You will have to slipstream that onto your installation media.

Solution

Deatbstrike19781

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019
Yes I have windows 10 pro should I just install it via USB media creation tool or is they a special way and what do you mean by "installation media" if I google the drivers for the raid kit wouldn't I just be able to download the latest version

kanewolf

Titan
Yes I have windows 10 pro should I just install it via USB media creation tool or is they a special way and what do you mean by "installation media" if I google the drivers for the raid kit wouldn't I just be able to download the latest version
But you need to merge them into the installation media so that the installer can find them during initialization, load them and then the disks will show up as something to install onto.

Reactions: Deatbstrike19781
Status
Not open for further replies.