[SOLVED] Will windows 10 work on a windows 11 device?

Apr 9, 2022
Usually when getting a laptop, you will not be able to downgrade the OS. Windows 10 device cannot be downgraded to 8 or 7, but can be upgraded to 11. windows vista devices cannot run XP, but can run 7 and 8. If i buy a windows 11 computer, Will it be able to run windows 10? will it have driver issues like windows 8 on a 10 device?

Solution
Usually when getting a laptop, you will not be able to downgrade the OS. Windows 10 device cannot be downgraded to 8 or 7, but can be upgraded to 11. windows vista devices cannot run XP, but can run 7 and 8. If i buy a windows 11 computer, Will it be able to run windows 10? will it have driver issues like windows 8 on a 10 device?
Beside the license issue, you can put a windows 10 USB and boot from it, and then chose to clean install Windows 10. It won't be a problem. 😅
I think you have confused The OS and the PC. The pc can run any os, as long as it meets the requirements. And windows doesn't let us downgrade by keeping apps and files. You can downgrade by doing a clean install of Windows. So you won't be able to carry your...

USAFRet

Titan
Will it run it?
Probably.

Will the license work? Maybe, maybe not.
You might have to purchase a new, valid Win 10 license.

It will almost 100% run fine without driver issues, anything from win7 onwards uses the same drivers.
You can tie your windows 11 license to a outlook(MS) email and use the same to log into windows 10, at least the other way around works from 10 to 11.

That does not mean that you will have a "downgrade" option in windows, you will have to clean install windows 10 from a usb stick.

Apr 13, 2022
Beside the license issue, you can put a windows 10 USB and boot from it, and then chose to clean install Windows 10. It won't be a problem. 😅
I think you have confused The OS and the PC. The pc can run any os, as long as it meets the requirements. And windows doesn't let us downgrade by keeping apps and files. You can downgrade by doing a clean install of Windows. So you won't be able to carry your apps with you. You'll hav e to install them later...

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
Pretty much every win 10 driver will work on 11, and I feel its probably the same in reverse. I know there are 2 different drivers for Realtek LAN so its possible there are some changes there, but its so soon after release now that most hardware would have win 10/11 drivers that are probably the same.

Microsoft changed the driver model enough in 10, expect they stick to it in 11 and try to get more people using UWP apps.

TRENDING THREADS