Will Windows 8 run the video games that I want to play?

hawkfira

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
I'm building a new mid-high spec PC and it's main use will be for gaming. I'm concerned about it having Windows 8, as it forces me into getting it as my OS and I've never used it before. Will it run any games I plan to play without any issues? Games played will include MMOs such as Final Fantasy Realm Reborn, League of Legends, and shooters such as Bioshock Infinite and Fallout. I'm not sure why I'm not given the option to choose my OS, as I would rather choose Windows 7, but I also don't want to shell out $200 for a 'downgrade'.

Solution
You will have no problems at all. I'm not sure where the idea of Windows having severe compatibility issues came from, much of them were rectified shortly after release. You will get better gaming performance on W8, whether it be a little or a lot depending on the game. I have, and play, all of the games except Final Fantasy and haven't any issues whatsoever. You'll be fine :)

Budge414

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2013
You will have no problems at all. I'm not sure where the idea of Windows having severe compatibility issues came from, much of them were rectified shortly after release. You will get better gaming performance on W8, whether it be a little or a lot depending on the game. I have, and play, all of the games except Final Fantasy and haven't any issues whatsoever. You'll be fine :)

Solution

yunpyo

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014

But Lol doesn't work for W8 after the new patch......

Budge414

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2013

This is a really old post.. Are you sure? I have been playing it just fine and have W8.1 which is even worse in terms of games compatibility..