Question Will windows work on new motherboard? how compatiable is it?

PedramCarter

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
My gigabyte ab350 gaming died a few months ago, just no reason turned it off next time I came back it was dead, like no power, I got refunded thankfully being in warranty period.
Anyway, I want to get a new one problem is my SSD has my windows and files, I could just install on the different hard drive but ideally, I'd like to power it on without facing any kind of error or repair looping and most importantly without having to reinstall windows.
I've seen ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX , or simply gigabyte ab350 gaming 3, how compatible are different brands or different versions/revisions. example a different brand of the same motherboard or completely different model and brand but am4 socket for my ryzen 1800x.
I have windows 10, thank you :)

If the files are in concern, you should have taken backup. If you haven't you may be able to use a Linux live-cd to boot up and should be able to get your files (unless it is stored under the user profile folder, wich probably means the files are encrypted) and copy out to another storage device.

I don't know if Windows will work or not after replacing motherboard. In most cases, you get a better result by reinstalling windows.