[SOLVED] Will Xeon E3 1270 V1 Support Non-ECC RAM?

made2kill

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2012
i have an old dh61ww motherboard, i have an i5 3570 processor which is overheating a lot. So i was thinking of getting Xeon. i can get my hands on Xeon E3 1270 quickly which i see is compatible with my motherboard since its LGA1155. I have read some forums who say it for the other versions but i'm not sure about this version. But will this particular xeon processor support Non-ECC RAM or would i have to spend more and get the ECC RAM too?

Solution
If your cpu is overheating, then get a better cpu cooler.
Even if you change cpu , you'll still need a new cooler. Xeon has higher TDP than i5 3570.

As to about your question - motherboard specs do not list ECC ram as supported. So you're limited to non-ecc ram.
If your cpu is overheating, then get a better cpu cooler.
Even if you change cpu , you'll still need a new cooler. Xeon has higher TDP than i5 3570.

As to about your question - motherboard specs do not list ECC ram as supported. So you're limited to non-ecc ram.

Reactions: Rdslw
Solution

made2kill

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2012
i tried everything with i5 3570, the processor is faulty, out of 4 cores 2 cores run a lot hotter. btw thanks for the answer. so can i run xeon with non-ecc ram?

Yeah, that is not much better than intel stock cooler - just a piece of aluminium with fan on top.

04.jpg