[SOLVED] Will you see a decrease in performance if you plug a USB 2.0 mouse and/or keyboard into USB 3.0 slots?

Dec 23, 2019
I recently just bought the MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max motherboard and realized it has A LOT of USB 3.0 slots.

I also stream and cannot plug my mic or webcam into usb 3.0 without there being issues on stream.

I guess the main question is, can I use my two USB 2.0 slots for my webcam and microphone and plug my mouse and keyboard into the USB 3.0 slots without seeing a decrease in performance?

The webcam I have is a Logitech c922 pro.
The microphone I have is the Blue Yeti.
Thank you, Kyle.

Solution
No, you shouldn't. A standard USB 2.0 mouse only requires 2.0 transfer speed, and any USB 3 port should be backwards compatible to provide that speed.

Just make sure your USB controllers have the proper drivers, which you can check for in Device Manager, which will show flags on any devices without drivers.

To get to Device Manager, either type it into the search bar, or right click This PC>More>Manage>Device Manager. The USB ports will be listed at the bottom under Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
No, you shouldn't. A standard USB 2.0 mouse only requires 2.0 transfer speed, and any USB 3 port should be backwards compatible to provide that speed.

Just make sure your USB controllers have the proper drivers, which you can check for in Device Manager, which will show flags on any devices without drivers.

To get to Device Manager, either type it into the search bar, or right click This PC>More>Manage>Device Manager. The USB ports will be listed at the bottom under Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

Solution
Dec 23, 2019

Thank you very much!