Wimp Question

Yes, I know alot of you will get upset with this, but...I am having a heck
of a time completing the og-loc, Cesar Vialpando, and Robbing Uncle Sam
missions, anyone know of where I can get some help or anyone have the
completed missions for PC? Thanks

Me

"Gary Kendall" <gkendall@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
> Yes, I know alot of you will get upset with this, but...I am having a heck
> of a time completing the og-loc, Cesar Vialpando, and Robbing Uncle Sam
> missions, anyone know of where I can get some help or anyone have the
> completed missions for PC? Thanks

Try here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/924362.html

and here:

http://hem.bredband.net/708145/

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 16:15:10 GMT, "Gary Kendall" <gkendall@neo.rr.com>
wrote:

>Yes, I know alot of you will get upset with this, but...I am having a heck
>of a time completing the og-loc, Cesar Vialpando, and Robbing Uncle Sam
>missions, anyone know of where I can get some help or anyone have the
>completed missions for PC? Thanks

I did the first two, but that damn forklift just won't drive in a
straight line.

The OG-LOC motorcycle chase seems to have the collision probability
turned down and the chasee waits for you to recover when necessary. A
lot more fun than having him just take off when you collide or fall
off your bike. By far the most exciting chase sequence in a GTA to
date.

Steve
--
www.thepaxamsolution.com

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 00:46:08 GMT, Paul Heslop
<paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>You get used to the Uncle Sam mission, but really the best thing to do
>is just listen for someone giving Ryder grief. As soon as you hear him
>shout or someone shooting jump out and plug the miscreant. As far as i
>recall there's no time limit as long as Ryder doesn't die. I had a bad
>one the other day when I got out of the compound and the chasing
>vehicles shot him!

Yeah, I figured that out on my one attempt, but he was 3/4 dead before
I went to help him. I'll try it your way on the next pass. There were
missions in VC I really hated, and a few I never finished (the RC
helicopter planting bombs with a KB/mouse.) The Uncle Sam looks
mandatory though.

Wish RS would allow the player to bypass a mission at player's
discretion. I like control over my games, I play for fun, and would
like them to leave it up to me to cheat or not.

Steve
--
www.thepaxamsolution.com

Steve Bartman wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 00:46:08 GMT, Paul Heslop
> <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >You get used to the Uncle Sam mission, but really the best thing to do
> >is just listen for someone giving Ryder grief. As soon as you hear him
> >shout or someone shooting jump out and plug the miscreant. As far as i
> >recall there's no time limit as long as Ryder doesn't die. I had a bad
> >one the other day when I got out of the compound and the chasing
> >vehicles shot him!
>
> Yeah, I figured that out on my one attempt, but he was 3/4 dead before
> I went to help him. I'll try it your way on the next pass. There were
> missions in VC I really hated, and a few I never finished (the RC
> helicopter planting bombs with a KB/mouse.) The Uncle Sam looks
> mandatory though.

yep, has to be done. I don't think there are many missions on the
first island which don't, except the side missions like prostitution
or deliveries. San Fiero has missions you don't need to do, which is
great because those particular ones bite the big one :O)

> Wish RS would allow the player to bypass a mission at player's
> discretion. I like control over my games, I play for fun, and would
> like them to leave it up to me to cheat or not.
>
> Steve
> --
> www.thepaxamsolution.com

I agree, I don't like linear games much. At least with SA you have a
bunch of stuff to do, but yes, you always come back to the one you're
stuck on. You won't have any real problems with Uncle San now you know
your priority though.
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:27:11 -0500, Steve Bartman wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 00:46:08 GMT, Paul Heslop
> <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>You get used to the Uncle Sam mission, but really the best thing to do is
>>just listen for someone giving Ryder grief. As soon as you hear him shout
>>or someone shooting jump out and plug the miscreant. As far as i recall
>>there's no time limit as long as Ryder doesn't die. I had a bad one the
>>other day when I got out of the compound and the chasing vehicles shot
>>him!
>
> Yeah, I figured that out on my one attempt, but he was 3/4 dead before I
> went to help him.

have you tried leaving the front gate locked and just opening the
warehouse? jump in the forklift and line up the crates to put in the truck
_then_ open the front gate to let ryder in.

from memory, you'll only have to deal with around 4 - 6 guards.

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:52:47 GMT, bryan <bryan@rimmer.red-dwarf.lan>
wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:27:11 -0500, Steve Bartman wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 00:46:08 GMT, Paul Heslop
>> <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>You get used to the Uncle Sam mission, but really the best thing to do is
>>>just listen for someone giving Ryder grief. As soon as you hear him shout
>>>or someone shooting jump out and plug the miscreant. As far as i recall
>>>there's no time limit as long as Ryder doesn't die. I had a bad one the
>>>other day when I got out of the compound and the chasing vehicles shot
>>>him!
>>
>> Yeah, I figured that out on my one attempt, but he was 3/4 dead before I
>> went to help him.
>
>have you tried leaving the front gate locked and just opening the
>warehouse? jump in the forklift and line up the crates to put in the truck
>_then_ open the front gate to let ryder in.
>
>from memory, you'll only have to deal with around 4 - 6 guards.

Good idea. I'll try that.

Steve
--
www.thepaxamsolution.com

> have you tried leaving the front gate locked and just opening the
> warehouse? jump in the forklift and line up the crates to put in the truck
> _then_ open the front gate to let ryder in.
>
> from memory, you'll only have to deal with around 4 - 6 guards.

I never thought to leave the "path" like that. I would just quickly load 2
or 3 boxes, then go out and help kill, get back on and load more, get off
and kill guards until i was loaded. 3 tries for this mission.

Dunno if it's posssible to kill whatshisname on the motorcycle chase before
he stops. After 3 tries, i remembered i had molotov cocktails, and stopped
the bike at the end of the fence, ran 1/2 way across the street, and tossed
one onto the steps. Done..

bryan wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:27:11 -0500, Steve Bartman wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 00:46:08 GMT, Paul Heslop
> > <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >>You get used to the Uncle Sam mission, but really the best thing to do is
> >>just listen for someone giving Ryder grief. As soon as you hear him shout
> >>or someone shooting jump out and plug the miscreant. As far as i recall
> >>there's no time limit as long as Ryder doesn't die. I had a bad one the
> >>other day when I got out of the compound and the chasing vehicles shot
> >>him!
> >
> > Yeah, I figured that out on my one attempt, but he was 3/4 dead before I
> > went to help him.
>
> have you tried leaving the front gate locked and just opening the
> warehouse? jump in the forklift and line up the crates to put in the truck
> _then_ open the front gate to let ryder in.
>
> from memory, you'll only have to deal with around 4 - 6 guards.

that's quite good, never thought about that!

--

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 23:49:39 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:

> bryan wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:27:11 -0500, Steve Bartman wrote:

>> > Yeah, I figured that out on my one attempt, but he was 3/4 dead before
>> > I went to help him.
>>
>> have you tried leaving the front gate locked and just opening the
>> warehouse? jump in the forklift and line up the crates to put in the
>> truck _then_ open the front gate to let ryder in.
>>
>> from memory, you'll only have to deal with around 4 - 6 guards.
>
> that's quite good, never thought about that!

i won't/can't claim to be the originator of that idea... i think i read
about it in this newsgroup :)

bryan wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 23:49:39 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:
>
> > bryan wrote:

> >> have you tried leaving the front gate locked and just opening the
> >> warehouse? jump in the forklift and line up the crates to put in the
> >> truck _then_ open the front gate to let ryder in.
> >>
> >> from memory, you'll only have to deal with around 4 - 6 guards.
> >
> > that's quite good, never thought about that!
>
> i won't/can't claim to be the originator of that idea... i think i read
> about it in this newsgroup :)

Yeah i can believe that. it has been a godsend