OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name TNY-PC
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model System Product Name
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD A10-7850K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G, 3700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 2603, 3/10/2016
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.24545"
User Name tny-PC\tny
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 6.94 GB
Available Physical Memory 5.19 GB
Total Virtual Memory 13.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 11.8 GB
Page File Space 6.94 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

OK, prior to my latest problem, i had win 10 installed via upgrades on my desktop which had win 7, which i purchased at the time. It was acknowledged so all went smoothly with the Media creation tool. Now, months later on the last update i got of win 10 ...21h , it screwed up my entire system and I even lost my Win 7. First, I tried to reinstall win 7 with the original disc and for some reason i am having a problem reinstalling it with those same disc. Weeks have gone by and a friend gave me his version of win 7 on a ssd drive, in order to reinstall win 10. Again difficulty with win 10 and the M C T. I went to Microsoft and downloaded M C T with win 10 version 22hXX. My question is this.....being i do not have my original win 7 installed, so activation may not be possible, would that prevent me from being able to install win 10? I am waiting for some kind of reply before i attempt to reinstall it.

Your activation is stored in the cloud. Just be sure to select the same version of Windows 10 you had installed before (given it was an upgrade from 7 Ultimate that should be Pro) after you boot from the install media, and choose "I don't have a key" when it asks for one.

Once it's installed and connected to the internet, activation should be automatic. Best to leave it alone for a few hours to let it install all the drivers automatically too.

Novel8

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2013
Your activation is stored in the cloud. Just be sure to select the same version of Windows 10 you had installed before (given it was an upgrade from 7 Ultimate that should be Pro) after you boot from the install media, and choose "I don't have a key" when it asks for one.

Once it's installed and connected to the internet, activation should be automatic. Best to leave it alone for a few hours to let it install all the drivers automatically too.

Sorry....how can my activation be stored in the Cloud when i have no OS?????

Novel8

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2013
Well things didn't go as planned. I unplugged my win 7 HD, setup bios to boot up with my recent downoad M C T with win 10 22hx version and all i saw briefly was the usb light up and that was it..it went directly to my BIOS.. OK, so i replaced that usb with the older, previous version, minus win 10 22hx version and it worked just fine, up until it gave me warning that the computer will restart in 9 more seconds. Reading some info in this forum tje moderator to remove the usb at that point, which i did and nothing ensued. I tried again, this time i left the usb in and all i saw was the usual window logo and the rotating cursor, and again nothing after waiting for 5 minutes or so. Something preventing me from installing win 10.

TRENDING THREADS