• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

Question Win 10 bootloop making me mad and sad

Apr 2, 2021
Feel like an idiot for buying such an expensive laptop (Surface book 2 15' fully spec'd) and not being able to use it properly.
Situation:
-Tried to factory reset

• now stuck in boot loop;
  • shows windows logo then logo and 'Preparing' with spinning circle
  • 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed To install Windows, click ok to restart the computer, and then restart installation'
- went to UEFI, reset, nothing changed
- downloaded 'Windows Media Creation Tool' on Usb Stick

• through the UEFI, i could boot the stick
  • when trying to reinstall Windows 10 (i have Win 10 Pro), it goes to the license agreement,
-then i can choose to upgrade which doesnt work.
-or choose to 'only install windows (advanced)'; From there i seem to be able to reinstall drivers (i wouldnt know how) or choose a partition on which i install it.

• It only works on Partition 3, but it says that the previously installed version of windows wouldnt be accessible after the reinstall.
  • going to repair options
  • i get: CONTINUE, USE A DEVICE, USE DIFFERENT OS, TURN OFF & ADVANCED OPTIONS (translated from german)
  • Advanced Options are:
Start Up Repair (doesnt work)
Command Prompt
Uninstall Updates (doesnt work either, tells me that there are other planned updates)
UEFI Firmwareoptions
System Recovery (cant)
systemimagerecovery (cant)
I dont know what to do, im stuck and its hard to find a solution. Please help. I would really appreciate it.

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed.

This:

" not being able to use it properly." What specific problems occurred?

What exactly did you do with regards to "factory reset"?

Will the laptop boot into Safe Mode?

= = = =

You may need a clean install.

Reference (from within this Forum):

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

However, before doing anything else post more information about the original problems and what you did.

Apr 2, 2021
wow such a fast reply, incredible !
Now, with 'not being able to use it properly' i was talking about my current situation with the boot loop.

Unfortunately i cant get into safe mode either, WinRE does not give me that option

The factory reset that (i think) got me into this situation i did just to keep the system fresh. It was months ago and then i just gave up, now im back to it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS