WIN 10 BSOD (irql_not_less_or_equal / page fault in non-paged area)

Huyza

Reputable
Oct 4, 2015
directory of recent dumps:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5Ud-L6A8_eEN0dsbGRXOVNBYkE&usp=sharing

I'm relatively new to this and never really experienced this type of BSOD. From what I can understand it might be because of my ram or maybe a corruption in a driver somewhere. I will take any / all the help I can get to resolve this issue.

Typical scenario is that I'll get the BSOD after a few minutes of logging on. Computer will restart and I log back in and BSOD again. I have different messages at different times but IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR EQUAL and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA are the most two common ones that I've been receiving lately.

This only occurs only on one of my account log-ins. I've tested for the two other accounts I'm on and I don't receive BSOD so it might be related to an app / program I'm running. I also think the culprit might be Google Chrome. Thanks!

Huyza

Reputable
Oct 4, 2015
I believe my graphics drivers are up to date. I've also gone through Device Manager / Hardware Properties and manually updating each found hardware for either missing / updated drivers.

Currently I've also disabled memory cache and under Performance I've disabled Virtual Memory paging.

Device manager does nothing most of the time, you need to manually download the Windows 10 drivers from the manufacturer or part maker and install them.

Also, does the account that has problems happen to be an administrator account while the others are standard?

Huyza

Reputable
Oct 4, 2015
yep. It's the only one with administrative privileges the rest are standard and guest accounts.

I'm currently going through all my software and reinstalling the drivers from their respective sites. I'm currently on my admin account now and I've uninstalled Google Chrome as well. So far, no crashes yet.

overall, all the memory corruptions seem to be coming out of your drive subsystem. You might go to your motherboard vendors website and install the most current custom SATA driver for your board. (it might be old, get the one from windows 8.1 if you have to) This assumes your drive is health and is not introducing errors, also assumes that your memory is good.
it also assumes you don't have a filter driver installed that is messing up.

older versions of this driver used to corrupt memory, I would think they would have re designed the driver by now but my might disable the razer overlay driver just incase.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rzpmgrk.sys Thu Jun 11 19:57:21 2015
the internal error logs are not save into the minimemory dump, you would have to provide a kernel memory dump to have them looked at for errors

third bugcheck was caused by memory corrupting coming out of a filter driver, this could be a bug in a filter driver.
I can not tell, I would need a kernel memory dump to figure out what filter drivers you have installed on the system.
you can take a look at the installed filters: start cmd.exe as an admin then run
FLtmc.exe
it will dump the list of installed filter drivers, here is my list on windows 10 to compare with:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fltmc.exe

Filter Name Num Instances Altitude Frame
------------------------------ ------------- ------------ -----
MBAMProtector 8 328800 0
WdFilter 8 328010 0
storqosflt 0 244000 0
FileCrypt 0 141100 0
luafv 1 135000 0
npsvctrig 1 46000 0
FileInfo 8 45000 0
Wof 5 40700 0

---------
second bugcheck also looks like memory corruption in the internal database in memory that tracks where programs are loaded into physical memory. First step would be to test the memory with memtest86

-------
first bugcheck, I would run crystaldiskinfo.exe and look at the drive health and see if the drive is kicking up some errors.
You might also, delete your pagefile.sys and create a new one.

Looks like the system was up and running for only 29 seconds, because this was such a short time I would boot and run memtest86 and confirm the system memory is working as expected (no errors)
- system reported memory corruption while in the code that tracks what is currently loaded into physical ram.
- looks like you only have generic windows drivers.

i would also check that the CPU voltage is correct (often the BIOS reports a bogus value)

BIOS Version F9
BIOS Release Date 10/12/2011

Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product Name Z68MA-D2H-B3

Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU
Processor Voltage 8ah - 1.0V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 4000MHz
Current Speed 3400MHz

Huyza

Reputable
Oct 4, 2015
crystaldiskinfo gave me the following information:

SSD Health Good: 99%
SSDLIFE Health: 99% Estimated Lifetime 8 years 5 months 6 days

Simplified Data - Current / Worse / Threshold

01 - Raw Read Error Rate (6 / 0 / 0)
03 - Spin Up Time (100 / 100 / 0)
04 - Start Stop Count (100 / 100 / 0)
05 - Reallocated Sectors Count (100 / 100 / 0)
09 - Power-On Hours (100 / 100 // 0)
0C - Power Cycle Count (100 / 100 / 0)
E8 - Total Count of Write Sectors (100 / 100 / 0)
E9 - Remaining Life (99 / 0 / 0)

----------------------

Ran Windows Memory Diag: NO ERRORS.

-----------------------

Ran memtest86 results are as followed:

Stick 1 Iterations: 2 AdrsMode: 64Bit Pass: 0 Errors: 0
Stick 2 Iterations: 1 AdrsMode: 64Bit Pass: 0 Errors: 524

-----------------------

Pagefile.sys does not exist. Probably because I removed system paging.

-----------------------

FLTMC gave the results:

Filter Name / Num Instance / ALtitude / Frame

Avgmfx64 / 8/ 325000 / 0
storqosflt / 0 / 244000 / 0
FileCrypt / 0 / 141100
luafv / 1 / 135000 / 0
npsvctrig / 1 / 46000 / 0
FileInfo / 8/ 45000 / 0
Wof / 7 / 40700

-----------------------

rzpmgrk.sys modified in regedit to values of (4)

For the most part, I'm thinking this is the fault of one memory stick since it's giving me errors while another stick isn't giving me errors. I went ahead and did all the other precautions just in case. Weird. These sticks aren't that old either. I'm going to use only 1 stick for the time being and see if any errors occur or if I receive any more BSODs. If you guys think it might be something else as well please let me know! Thanks for the help!

TRENDING THREADS