[SOLVED] WIN 10 Compatibility I5 10ºth gen x MB asrock B460 phantom gaming 4

Jan 31, 2021
Hi fellas,
First: Just bought a new pc: i5 10400f + mb asrock b460 phantom gaming 4 + rtx 2060 super asus + 16gb ram gskill + ssd 256gb lexar + hd 1tb seagate + corsair VS 650.
Received the pc, working with windows 10, but i choose to format it and put my own windows. Used pendrive with windows 10 (build 19), installed but on first reboot it stucks and freeze on windows loading screen(spinning circle). Formated again, this time with dvd drive and tried with windows 7. Got same error, freezes on loading screen. Tought might be a hardware problem, then remembered that it comes with a working windows, so i got a new version of windows 10(build 20H2),and it worked( with some issues that i'm gonna say below).

First question: Are this new generation of CPU's and MOBO's not compatible with older windows builds like the 1903? Or it might be a hardware problem?

Second: With my pc working on this newer version( build 20h2), after few weeks, while using and playing and talking on discord, the pc begins stuttering, extreme slow with buzzing/robothic sounds, until it completely freezes, practically, because on a interval of seconds, its possible to move the mouse, but after some time clicking or trying ALT CTRL DEL, the system gets back to work normally, but with the game and discord closed suddenly. Some days after it happened again, and i noticed on MSI AFTERBURNER that all RAM memory was consumed(100% usage). Already tested both SSD and HD with HDTune and they are fine, tested RAM with memtest86 and its fine too. windows is up to date too. After some research, i found that might be a mobo's driver problem. Then i started monitoring to find the problem, but it took sometimes a week to happen, sometimes twice a day... Once, when it starts to get slow, before its freezes, i saw on task manager on performance tab the memory usage: game's ram usage was slowly increasing until it hits 100% usage of the 16gb's total, and, below, COMMITTED(i think this is the virtual memory)was to high, around 50GB, when normal its around 20GB.

Well, i dont know if the problem is with my motherboard or with windows 10 and the new build 20H2 with some incompatible drivers.
Did anyone know something about that? Sorry my english, and thanks in advance.

Solution
You should be installing from a newly created USB, v20H2.

I would strongly recommend starting over completely, with a new Win 10 install.

USAFRet

Titan

Reactions: polas and CountMike
Solution
Jan 31, 2021

i did it bro. a new usb flash drive with windows 10 20H2.
Deleted all partitions, formated, and installed.