Question Win 10 degraded until it was dead

kizmetkat999

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
Ok here we go. Two nights ago I suddenly got a (and I'm going to have to paraphrase. I don't remember the exact wording) but I got a 'repair is needed. Please insert your win 10 disk and hit enter' something like that. Well I can't insert the disk because my PC didn't come with a CD drive. So I rebooted it a few times and now it won't turn on at all.

I have an i7 8700,
msi 370 gaming board
16 gb 2400 ddr4 ram,
1tb 7200 rpm hd
1060 nvidea gtx 6gb graphics card
600w ac-pcu power supply
win 10

kizmetkat999

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
I didn't see a way to edit my query so I'll just have to post a reply. I forgot to say that I can use a flash drive on my PC and I have the win10 cd. I was wondering if I could put the disk in my other pc and transfer whatever files it's looking for onto the flash drive and then plug that into my pc. It says on it 'this is not a coa'. Does that make a difference? And when I said my PC is dead, it turns on. But the monitor never comes on.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
The probability of the root cause of this being Windows 10 itself is quite low.

When you say the monitor never comes on, does it not even show the POST screen? Does it stay completely blank?

BTW: For your own content there should be an Edit control toward the lower left side, opposite the Quote, & Reply controls.

kizmetkat999

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
Thank you for replying and yes I believe you're absolutely right. After I posted I contacted the company I ordered the PC from. It's got a 3 year warranty. The tech there had me pull my video card and go directly to the on-board video. Still nothing. So he is sending me an RMA to ship it back to them for repair. Great company. CUK. It stands for Computer Upgrade Kings.
Ooops - am I allowed to plug another company like that??

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
I would think that expressing satisfaction with a vendor, when one has no conflict of interest in doing so, would be fine here.

If you work for them or are an investor (which I am not, repeat not, suggesting you are) that would be another story. Advertising is not allowed, and shilling is a form of advertising.

TRENDING THREADS