Win 10 doesn't recognize my Mic Help

chubster3000

Honorable
Apr 17, 2014
After a windows 10 update my Blue yeti external mic just randomly sometimes stops working, as in win 10 says "Windows has not detected the USB device" everytime i unplug and plug it back in. I look through device manager and my mic doesnt show up under audio inputs and outputs but shows it as a failed device under USB controllers. But then after a while i plug my mic back in and it works all of a sudden then later stops working again. I've also looked up for any recent drivers and it is up to date. Any help will be appreciated.

Solution
If you have any usb device such as your microphone.
You should check to see what Usb specification ports it will work with.

Most Usb devices will work fine with a Usb 2.0 specification port of your system.

However you should be aware that if you connect a Usb 2.0 certified device to a Usb 3.0 enabled port where the plastic tongue of the usb port on your system is blue in colour, a usb 2.0 device can fail to be detected in device manager.

Double check, or at least try connecting the usb device to a usb port that has a black plastic colour coded tongue on it as it is a 2.0 usb port, and speed setting.

It is often the cause as to why you get an error code to do with the device connected when looking in windows device manager if there...
If you have any usb device such as your microphone.
You should check to see what Usb specification ports it will work with.

Most Usb devices will work fine with a Usb 2.0 specification port of your system.

However you should be aware that if you connect a Usb 2.0 certified device to a Usb 3.0 enabled port where the plastic tongue of the usb port on your system is blue in colour, a usb 2.0 device can fail to be detected in device manager.

Double check, or at least try connecting the usb device to a usb port that has a black plastic colour coded tongue on it as it is a 2.0 usb port, and speed setting.

It is often the cause as to why you get an error code to do with the device connected when looking in windows device manager if there is an error code of 39 chubster.

If you built the system yourself and installed windows 10 on it, after windows 10 has set its self up, always use the driver install dvd that came with your motherboard also.

Windows 10 is good at detecting hardware devices and setting up the drivers automatically.
But there are times where you need to use the drivers of the supplied Dvd support disk for your motherboard, for the best setup and compatibility for driver support.

Solution