Question Win 10 HDR Broken? Green/Purple Tint

Bill Wehadababyitsaboy

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2014
To be honest, I seriously considered putting a bounty on this as I have not found a fix for over a year maybe longer:disrelieved:. So hopefully I can get lucky here.
Specs:
GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB
i7-7700k @4.2Ghz
32GB DDR4
Win10 Pro

This problem started well over a year ago and I have not been able to fix the issue. When this happened, I had just recently replaced a mobo with another of the same model (ASUS Maximus IX Hero) because it had died. Everything seemed fine, until I tried running a game (was Resident Evil 2 Remake). To note, I am running the game on a 4KTV 60" Samsung TU7000. As soon as I booted up the game I went directly to Video Settings. Turned on HDR through Windows Settings before starting the game and then tried setting up the HDR in-game. With HDR on, the game looks entirely washed out and has awful "black" levels-- every dark area has purple and green shadows and the tint is always off. I also totally understand that some games unintentionally were washed out on release, but this is different; I know it was different, because I used to be able to play in HDR perfectly with this game before the problem started. I thought maybe this game was to blame, but I booted up God of War and it is doing the same thing.......it also does the same thing with Days Gone and pretty much every other game I've tried that supports HDR. I've attached an example of the problem with a Days Gone screenshot. I've actually been playing games now for over a year with HDR turned off, because I can't seem to fix this issue. I'm pretty certain I have a setting in Windows that is doing this or a problem with my GPU, because I use a PS5 on the same TV and the HDR for that works perfectly-- so I've ruled out my TV also being the problem??

Screenshots:
Days Gone: 1 , 2

I really hope I can figure this out, because I'm pretty much at a loss here for over a year. Appreciate any help that could be the issue since I've pretty much done everything I could think of.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU? Make and mode of your motherboard? BIOS version for said motherboard? What version(not edition) of the OS are you working with? Apparently there's an upgrade file for your panel. Could be a firmware update, dunno, wanted to download it and see but decided against it since it's a big file. Have you tried using DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and then manually reinstalling said driver with the latest off of Nvidia's support site?

Bill Wehadababyitsaboy

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2014
Make and model of your PSU? Make and mode of your motherboard? BIOS version for said motherboard? What version(not edition) of the OS are you working with? Apparently there's an upgrade file for your panel. Could be a firmware update, dunno, wanted to download it and see but decided against it since it's a big file. Have you tried using DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and then manually reinstalling said driver with the latest off of Nvidia's support site?

Yes, done all of this. My PSU (brand new so Im sure this isnt the problem) is a Corsair RM850 and Im not sure which Win version Im at, but Im sure its the newest update. Pretty sure my TV is also updated too. I clearly said in my post too that the mobo is an ASUS Maximus IX Hero LGA1151 chipset.