[SOLVED] Win 10 install on ssd

frontabl3

Reputable
Sep 6, 2017
Hey guys and girls. Recently i bought myself a new SSD so i want to install my windows 10 there. Before that i wanted to completely clean my hard drive. I wanted to ask if DBAN is a good option for cleaning or are there other programs for it.
Afterward installing the win, should i remove all drives i have and leave only the ssd, and should i nuke the ssd too because i tested it 1st on the pc and now it like a disk partion with 232 gb than 250 or it doesnt matter and the win install with configure it like it should ?
Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hey guys and girls. Recently i bought myself a new SSD so i want to install my windows 10 there. Before that i wanted to completely clean my hard drive. I wanted to ask if DBAN is a good option for cleaning or are there other programs for it.

dban is fine

diskpart/clean would wipe it but I guess dban makes sure nothing is left

Afterward installing the win, should i remove all drives i have and leave only the ssd, and should i nuke the ssd too because i tested it 1st on the pc and now it like a disk partion with 232 gb than 250 or it doesnt matter and the win install with configure it like it should ?
Thanks in advance.
Yes, remove all other drives

If you do a clean install, it will wipe the ssd anyway - follow this...

Colif

Win 11 Master

dban is fine

diskpart/clean would wipe it but I guess dban makes sure nothing is left

Thanks in advance.
Yes, remove all other drives

If you do a clean install, it will wipe the ssd anyway - follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Solution

ebosss03

Reputable
May 1, 2018
I suggest taking out the HDD put in the SSD and intall windows. Then if thats done plug in the HDD again then you can recover all needed files if you want. Then you can install a program called CCleaner that has an complete disk cleanup tool that will make the drive as new. (Might need to reconfigure HDD in disk managment in windows). The partition of the ssd is 232 GB because companies count 250 gb as 250 000 000 000 bits and windows sees 250gb as 268 435 456 000 bits so companies say 1kb is 1000 bytes and windows says
1kb is 1024 bytes.

TRENDING THREADS