Win 10 is killing my PC after last update?

Smart4

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016
I don’t know what is failing, and since this occurred after the win10 update I post it here.

So, on September 24 I updated to compilation 1607, no problem. I don’t know if I reset the pc since then. Yesterday day 1, Win 10 wanted to reset, I suspended it and went to sleep. Today I found it frozen at the charging screen before Windows, since then it was a fight with the bios, lots of resets without image on screen, I cleared the cmos like 10 times the help it boot after every crash, I reflashed the bios too.

642u6g.jpg

During the time I was able to use windows 10 I uninstalled this last update. The KB3194496, two times because after the first time it still said: security update from KB3194496. But the problem was still there, I went back to compilation 1511¿? But it crashed anyways, I look up the driver/device administrator, and there wasn’t any yellow sings.

2a9p0k7.jpg

video when crashed editing this last image: https://vid.me/n78G

I unplugged all HDD, SDD, and I went to the bios, and it freezes, after 5 min or so, without the weird pixels.
I tried disabling almost all peripherals: Onboard LAN controller, Sata controller, USB and USB legacy controller, Audio controller, result: No problem. But then all enabled: good again...
Maybe it’s not crashing because I did a Cmos clear, and maybe I didn’t do that after I disconnected the HDD, because now it does not make boot resets without the HDD’s.

So I don’t not why it’s not freezing now. I don’t know what the problem is, maybe a driver was updated and even going back to the old compilation didn’t solve that. I don’t know, any clues?

CPU: i3-2120
RAM: Kingston fury 16 GB (2x8) 1866 CL10 (at 1333)
SSD: OCZ Trion 150
Motherboard: H61m-s2pv 2.0 (Last bios Fid)

bignastyid

Titan
Since its happening before the os loads its fairly safe to say its not a windows problem most likely it was just a coincidence.
Most common cause of what you are seeing is bad or overheating vram. But can also be a bad or loose video cable or a failing monitor.
Are you using a dedicated gpu or the igpu?

Smart4

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016

I'm using the integrated igpu, so the intel HD2000.

Since it freezes the bios, I guess the problem is on some component, I though maybe from a driver update.

Now the bios is working OK so I going to try the windows again.

Smart4

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016

23 seconds to fail and freeze, but I think it should show the errors.

Sorry for the flash, I didn't had much time.

29yjla8.jpg

Good that I have a pair of gskills 2x2gb, I'm gona try them.

Smart4

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016

I thought that was it, the RAM, but it’s been 4 hours of Memtest86+, two passes, 0 Errors, I don’t understand. I'm doing again the Passmark Memtest86, 15 min now and it's ok.

1zdnb7q.jpg

I read on a reddit post that there was a trouble with the AHCI driver, apparently it was update, but according to that post going back to the old compilation like I did should solve the problem. It wasn’t like that for me, apart from the bios setup freezes…
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/4vufpo/windows_10_fully_freezes_after_anniversary_update/

bignastyid

Titan
This is not a driver problem. I can clearly see the artifacting occur outside of the OS in your images. A driver will not cause such problems outside the OS. You have a hardware issue. Next time you see the artifacting check you cpu temperature it could be a heat issue.

Smart4

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016

Well I have no clue at this point what component might be, maybe there some problem with the motherboard.

I used the PC for some hours now, and no errors, I did some testing 100% CPU load, just fine, gpu benchmarks, ok too.
I will continue using it until it fails again…