[SOLVED] win 10 lags after resetting BIOS

zakicandra81

Prominent
Nov 4, 2018
Earlier today i performed a BIOS factory reset to fix my mobo problem (it was couldnt use my keyboard / mice when booting up) it issue is fixed but now i encountered a new issue,my mouse pointer (win 10) sometimes lags when i open google chrome or any other applications, this didnt occur before i reset my BIOS. does anyone knows what might be the issue ?

Solution
Update 12/08/2020, i reinstalled the cpu and replaced my old thermal paste with a thermal grizzly kryonout, and it magically worked ! Despite it worked, i'm still surprised that the thermal paste was the culprit because when i benchmarked my cpu with prime95 the temps were doing just fine.

But still glad it worked out

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your motherboard? What version of BIOS are you running? What version of Windows 10 are you on at the moment? You might want to go into BIOS and make sure your storage controller is set to AHCI and see if your ram has been reset to defaults(if you were on X.M.P/D.O.C.P). I'd also check and see what the Boot options for your board are, i.e Fast Boot Enabled with CSM and secure boot disabled.

zakicandra81

Prominent
Nov 4, 2018
Make and model of your motherboard? What version of BIOS are you running? What version of Windows 10 are you on at the moment? You might want to go into BIOS and make sure your storage controller is set to AHCI and see if your ram has been reset to defaults(if you were on X.M.P/D.O.C.P). I'd also check and see what the Boot options for your board are, i.e Fast Boot Enabled with CSM and secure boot disabled.
i have an Msi b85 g43 gaming motherboard (haswell chipset), the storage configuration has already been set to AHCI ,fast boot is disabled, and my ram stays at 1600 mhz

zakicandra81

Prominent
Nov 4, 2018
Update 12/08/2020, i reinstalled the cpu and replaced my old thermal paste with a thermal grizzly kryonout, and it magically worked ! Despite it worked, i'm still surprised that the thermal paste was the culprit because when i benchmarked my cpu with prime95 the temps were doing just fine.

But still glad it worked out

Solution