Question Win 10 License

May 3, 2019
First time here, just wanna ask
if we download ISO via Media Tool are our License (On PC where i download ISO files) will be inserted too(Inside the downloaded ISO)?

My Case:
*Fresh Install PC on my Office PC from ISO that i downloaded from home.
*After instalation it still Not Activated/Licensed (Because KMS Server on my Office still don't have Win 10 License).
*approximately ±1hour after usage, when i check the license it suddenly become "Activated/Licensed", but it become Retail Channel.
*When i got home, when i check my PC its Partial Product Key & Exact same Key with my Office PC.

Note: I didn't input any S/N when installing Win 10 on my Office PC

**Before anyone asking, I need to try Win 10 on an office PC for an experiment before full migration from Win 8.1 to Win 10

Sorry if my english really bad

USAFRet

Titan
The ISO does NOT contain or reference your Windows license. It is simply used to install the OS.
Licensing/activation is a whole other thing.

The KMS server you have at work has nothing to do with the license you have on your PC at home.

May 3, 2019
The ISO does NOT contain or reference your Windows license. It is simply used to install the OS.
Licensing/activation is a whole other thing.

The KMS server you have at work has nothing to do with the license you have on your PC at home.

& so, thats my question.
how the PC on my office become activated with the same key that i used on my home PC

more note: i Activated my home PC years ago, so yeah KMS on my Office has nothing to do with it because i just install Win 10 on my Office Today.

May 3, 2019
The Office system has a generic Win 10 "license", as a result of it being Win 8.1 previously.

hmmm, but why it has the same key with my home PC? >.<
& 2 of my Co-Worker who also install Win 10 can't even get Activated at all (Well, this should be obvious because KMS server still dont have the License).

but the different between me & my Co-Worker, i'm using ISO from Media Tool which is ver. 1809. but my Co-Worker using ver.1511 that they got from the guy who manage KMS Server.

May 3, 2019
What are the last 5 characters of this license key?

And the guy who manages your license server should know better than to distribute and install a Win 10 version (1511) from 4 years ago.

RJRC6
well, thats why i download it by myself lol.
he said our Office got something like our own download server for Microsoft Product & we must use that ver.(the one he download from that server/repo)

Last edited: