Win 10 new computer, adding a new hdd the ssd is not bootable anymore

Calvin_B_H

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017
After adding an HDD to my new computer, it does not recognize the ssd as a bootable device on which my OS is.
Win 10, Intel Core I5 6400/2700 Skylake, Samsung SSD 120 GB EVO 850, SeaGate Baracuda Compute 2 TB HDD

Solution
1. Are you saying that when the SSD boot drive is the ONLY drive installed the system boots and functions problem-free?

2. So it's ONLY when the HDD is installed as a secondary drive that the SSD is not "recognized", right?

3. What exactly happens? What kind of a message do you get about the system not recognizing the SSD?

4. Since you indicate the HDD has been added to the system we'll assume the HDD was NOT the original boot drive whose contents you cloned to the SSD so that the latter disk could function as the boot drive in the system? That's right, isn't it?

5. The HDD is new? Have you tested the HDD with a diagnostic program preferably from the drive's manufacturer?

6. You've checked & double-checked to determine the SATA...
1. Are you saying that when the SSD boot drive is the ONLY drive installed the system boots and functions problem-free?

2. So it's ONLY when the HDD is installed as a secondary drive that the SSD is not "recognized", right?

3. What exactly happens? What kind of a message do you get about the system not recognizing the SSD?

4. Since you indicate the HDD has been added to the system we'll assume the HDD was NOT the original boot drive whose contents you cloned to the SSD so that the latter disk could function as the boot drive in the system? That's right, isn't it?

5. The HDD is new? Have you tested the HDD with a diagnostic program preferably from the drive's manufacturer?

6. You've checked & double-checked to determine the SATA data/power connections are proper. Changed the SATA data cables?

7. And checked the BIOS/UEFI settings to determine the boot priority order is correct?

Solution

Calvin_B_H

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017

Sorry, the boot sequence was messed up... i've managed to fix it