Question Win 10 Remote Desktop “Credentials“ ???

michaelm101

Honorable
Feb 5, 2018
I just got the remote desktop app to be able to access my PC from my iPad.
I got it all set up, but it asks for credentials consisting of Domain\User or Use@Domain and password—I don’t know what this is referring to.

The PC is referred to as “Windows 10” and there’s no password required to sign in.

Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

I just got the remote desktop app to be able to access my PC from my iPad.
I got it all set up, but it asks for credentials consisting of Domain\User or Use@Domain and password—I don’t know what this is referring to.

The PC is referred to as “Windows 10” and there’s no password required to sign in.

Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!
You need to sign in as the local user. If the local user name is "Windows 10" then you will do the following.

Username line enter: .\Windows 10
The .\ is how you access local users.

Since you don't have a password, then just click enter.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
A couple of things.

When you first set up the PC it has a name one way or the other, whether you set it or not. That is going to be what you search for. IMO the best method is to set up a user/pass and go to file sharing (all that nonsense) turn on file sharing, and "allow user" on the whether Windows does the sharing stuff. Pardon as I don't have a W10 machine in front of me to pick the exact verbiage to look for. Don't use that Workgroups nonsense.

Also, would suggest getting this verified working from one PC to the other PC. The one you connect to has to have the Pro license installed. I would take a guess that connecting from the iPad will have its own issues since Microsoft and Apple don't make anything easy very often.