Win 10 unable to find hard drive on a ThinkPad docking station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complex Hui

Reputable
Mar 27, 2015
Current Win10 build is 10041. I am using my secondary laptop running Win 10, which is a Thinkpad X200. There is a ThinkPad X200 UltraBase dockstation on this machine. I used to have a Intel SSD hard drive in the Ultrabay Slim slot on the docking station. Before i switched to Win 10 I was running Win 7 on this machine, and that SSD works fine. I can see it in my computer and read/write on it. But in Win 10 I cannot see it any more. I can only find the hard drive in the SATA slot from the laptop. Evem in disk management I see that disk only, and the secondary SSD on the dock is simply not recongized. The lidicator light on the hard drive will not even lit up. In the device manager, all the devices seems to have their driver automatically installed (there are not "question mark devices"). Tried a lot to fix it, like install Win8 drivers, update Windows and hot plug. None seems to wook. Need a solution or at least some advices to fix it. Thanks for attention.

Solution
What happens if you scan for hardware changes with the base attached? Do you detect any additional devices? I’m assuming you’ve already verified that the UltraBase storage is enabled in BIOS.

There is a firmware update available for Lenovo SSDs, although it requires a SATA connection and I am unable to verify if the UltraBase dock connection is USB or native SATA.

Does the disk appear in Device Manager as a disk? It is possible that it just needs to be configured in Disk Management.

WinOutreach2

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
What happens if you scan for hardware changes with the base attached? Do you detect any additional devices? I’m assuming you’ve already verified that the UltraBase storage is enabled in BIOS.

There is a firmware update available for Lenovo SSDs, although it requires a SATA connection and I am unable to verify if the UltraBase dock connection is USB or native SATA.

Does the disk appear in Device Manager as a disk? It is possible that it just needs to be configured in Disk Management.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.