[SOLVED] Win 10 Usb trouble

Mellor81

Honorable
Jul 21, 2015
Tried 2 times to install 64 bit windows 10 from usb, both times stuck on “loading files”
Legacy did nothing in 2hrs so tried uefi, that moved the bar 3 quarters of the way then again just stopped is this normal or just me being impatient?
Gigaybyte b450m gaming mobo
Corsair TX650w semi modular
Corsair 8gb 3600mhz ram x2
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 super gaming OC
Ryzen 5 3600
Seagate 1 TB HDD

Solution
Tried 2 times to install 64 bit windows 10 from usb, both times stuck on “loading files”
Legacy did nothing in 2hrs so tried uefi, that moved the bar 3 quarters of the way then again just stopped is this normal or just me being impatient?

its not normal.

Try using another USB drive? Try using another usb slot?
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Do you have latest BIOS on motherboard?

Colif

Win 11 Master

its not normal.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Reactions: Mellor81
Solution

Mellor81

Honorable
Jul 21, 2015
its not normal.

Different usb slot solved the problem instantly, couldn't believe thats it all it took after 6 hours tearing my hair out 🙈