[SOLVED] Win 10 Version 1909 end of support?

Morugs

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
When will the support for Windows 10 Pro 1909 end ?

I want to install the latest security and stability updates for 1909 before the support ends.

A friend of mine tested 20H2 and his system freezes randomly after certain amount of time.

I will only upgrade windows to newer version once its stable, which currently is not the case.

Solution

When 21H1 is released. Microsoft haven't announced an exact date for that yet, indications are its either this week or next. It is likely to be before June as they need to give themselves 6 months to release 21H2.

That is why Microsoft trying to get everyone on 1909 onto a newer version. I think the versions themselves know when they are out of date. And you unlikely to continue to get updates for it since Microsoft no longer support it. the only updates you will get will be to reverse any changes you made to stop windows updating. I have seen that already.

They don't want people scattered over 10 different versions of windows 10, its a security nightmare. Headlines waiting...
D

Deleted member 14196

😅 So on a sample size of one you’ve decided that this entire update is unstable? Is your friend modding with things and turn off updates and all sorts of seedy things to windows as well? You guys are causing your own problems. And please stop creating so many threads based on the same problem.

I love how you disable all kinds of stuff and do all kinds of weird things with windows and then complain that it’s not stable and it’s broken

Morugs

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
😅 So on a sample size of one you’ve decided that this entire update is unstable? Is your friend modding with things and turn off updates and all sorts of seedy things to windows as well? You guys are causing your own problems. And please stop creating so many threads based on the same problem.

I love how you disable all kinds of stuff and do all kinds of weird things with windows and then complain that it’s not stable and it’s broken

You saw the question in the title?
Looks like you posted your reply in the wrong thread.

D

Deleted member 14196

No I read all of your posts and I know what your concern is here. Expect more problems along the way if you keep not updating

Colif

Win 11 Master

When 21H1 is released. Microsoft haven't announced an exact date for that yet, indications are its either this week or next. It is likely to be before June as they need to give themselves 6 months to release 21H2.

That is why Microsoft trying to get everyone on 1909 onto a newer version. I think the versions themselves know when they are out of date. And you unlikely to continue to get updates for it since Microsoft no longer support it. the only updates you will get will be to reverse any changes you made to stop windows updating. I have seen that already.

They don't want people scattered over 10 different versions of windows 10, its a security nightmare. Headlines waiting to be written.

Mandark has a point, 1 person having a problem doesn't mean you will. Win 10 on 100 million PC, pretty sure the sample group of upgrades needs to be slightly bigger than 1. If you took a poll, here, I wonder how many would vote against it. We aren't fan boys, we will point out dumb things if we see them.

version updates sort of expect you also keeping drivers up to date as well. Curious what time period is before it freezes, I been running it 6 months, no freezes so far. Not every PC is the same, in fact its really hard to be exactly the same. So 1 PC has a problem, millions don't. Who do you believe?

Last edited:
Solution