Win 10 wont boot from hibernate

sentur

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2013
My computer won't boot when turned on from hibernate.

When turning the computer the power starts, and I can see the and hear the graphics card fans coming on. However, I get not BIOS or Windows startup screen and my TV shows a No Signal message. I'm able to turn the machine off with a hard off. But when I turn on the computer again, the same lack of TV signal occurs.

The only way I can get the computer to start is to pull the power cord and flip the switch on the PSU. After a bit of time, and reconnecting the PSU power, I can then boot the computer and get a TV signal.

This happens whenever hibernate power saving kicks in and turns off my computer.

There are onboard integrated graphics and a discrete GFX card. I use the GFX card for my TV signal.

Lutfij

Titan
Please pass on the specs to your system like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

When you're able to boot into BIOS after a successful power off(after removing and replacing the power chord) take note of which BIOS version you're on. If you have any BIOS updates pending(cross referencing motherboard makers page) and update it.

sentur

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2013
Here's the info...

CPU: i5-3450
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B75N
Ram: 8GB 2x 4GB Modules
SSD/HDD: Boot HDD 120GB SSD, 2nd Storage drive, 930GB 3.5" HDD
GPU: GeForce GTX 660 Ti
PSU: Corsair Builder Series CXM 430W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified
Chassis: Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced USB 3.0 Mini ITX Case

I've checked the BIOS and I'm running the latest version, F5 14/11/2013.

sentur

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2013
I've also noticed that when the computer gets stuck, showing no TV signal, the reset button on the front of the chassis will completely stop working.