Question win 10 wont show contnts in bxs and wndws

alertkl

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2012
windows 10 pc 3 years old- after some win 10 update 2 years ago the windows and boxes will not display- just an outline will show. have to keep toggling the desktop to see into boxes and find the buttons i am looking for. googled for last year- seems no one is having the same problem- installed a new 200$$ video card and still same problem, only way to get around it is to uninstall video display device in device manager, and reboot. but its a one time fix.
just went in to device managaer and uninstalled display adapter, poof started working.
but if i reboot pc, or windows does a update- then i am back to outlined boxes and windows

Last edited:

alertkl

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2012
already did that about 50 times, then i bought a new card(was using mb built in), and installed new card and drivers- worked when i installed, but after 1st reboot- same problem again

alertkl

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2012
okay tried that and soon as i hit the print screen button the window fills in instantly- so when i view the screen shot- it is filled in like it should be, even though the box was empty to start with

alertkl

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2012
asus 1050 ti with latest drivers- i somehow dont think its a driver- something else in win 10 is not refreshing the screen and filling in new boxes and windows