Question Win 10 wont wake up from sleep when i connect a usb device

djsolidsnake86

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2015
i have a strange problem, if i connect a usb device the pc won't wake up from sleep, usually when it sleep my monitor led is flashing, but when not wake up (with usb connected) the monitor led is always on

anyone know what can be this problem and how fix?

i have a strange problem, if i connect a usb device the pc won't wake up from sleep, usually when it sleep my monitor led is flashing, but when not wake up (with usb connected) the monitor led is always on
anyone know what can be this problem and how fix?
Perhaps its not designed to wake up from sleep. Open up the Device Manager and select each of the USB Controllers. Check the Properties, Power Management tab and see if it allows you to Checkmark the box that says "Allow this device to wake up the computer". If you cannot Checkmark the box then its not designed to wake up the computer. Generally only keyboard and mouse related devices are designed to wake up the computer, so you'll have to use one of them.

djsolidsnake86

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2015
Perhaps its not designed to wake up from sleep. Open up the Device Manager and select each of the USB Controllers. Check the Properties, Power Management tab and see if it allows you to Checkmark the box that says "Allow this device to wake up the computer". If you cannot Checkmark the box then its not designed to wake up the computer. Generally only keyboard and mouse related devices are designed to wake up the computer, so you'll have to use one of them.
the problem is that i cant wake up from keyboard or mouse if i connect a peripherical via usb

the problem is that i cant wake up from keyboard or mouse if i connect a peripherical via usb
What does the Device Manager say about the keyboard and mouse? Does it properly identify them as an HID Compliant Device or Mouse; what are the Power Management options for those since the "Allow this device to wake the computer" should definitely work for those. Or do you mean than you can wake up before connecting some other device via usb but can't wake up after? What are these usb devices you are connecting that cause this problem? Are they drawing a large amount of power from the usb ports?

djsolidsnake86

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2015
What does the Device Manager say about the keyboard and mouse? Does it properly identify them as an HID Compliant Device or Mouse; what are the Power Management options for those since the "Allow this device to wake the computer" should definitely work for those. Or do you mean than you can wake up before connecting some other device via usb but can't wake up after? What are these usb devices you are connecting that cause this problem? Are they drawing a large amount of power from the usb ports?
mouse and keyboard wake up, if i connect a game device or also if i connect a usb for charge a device, the computer don't wake from sleep even if i press keys or move mouse
can't understand what happen :(

i discovered that using another app for make sleep the pc, if i connected a usb device the pc don't go to sleep
with the app that i always use it go to sleep but not resume
the problem is the usb device settings, how can i fix?

Last edited:
mouse and keyboard wake up, if i connect a game device or also if i connect a usb for charge a device, the computer don't wake from sleep even if i press keys or move mouse
can't understand what happen :(

i discovered that using another app for make sleep the pc, if i connected a usb device the pc don't go to sleep
with the app that i always use it go to sleep but not resume
the problem is the usb device settings, how can i fix?
As far as connecting usb devices for charging, its a computer, not a power station. It sounds like you're overloading the usb system connecting and trying to charge too many things. So charge your usb devices with an appropriate charger approved by the device's manufacturer. How about not putting the computer to sleep; you can just set the Power Options to turn the monitor off and leave the computer alone.

djsolidsnake86

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2015
As far as connecting usb devices for charging, its a computer, not a power station. It sounds like you're overloading the usb system connecting and trying to charge too many things. So charge your usb devices with an appropriate charger approved by the device's manufacturer. How about not putting the computer to sleep; you can just set the Power Options to turn the monitor off and leave the computer alone.
the charging device was a gamepad, this problem happen only with game devices like gamepads or usb ps2 guitar