Question Win 11 realtek mic dont work

hollow05

Distinguished
May 13, 2007
Hi, i have an Gigabyte B550M DS3H, wich uses Realtek audio.
I installed a clean win10 on my ssd, and right after upgraded to win 11.
Then i downloaded all the drivers but noted that my mic input dont work. I tried connecting on the front jack as well as on the back of the PC.

I plugged an Senheiser HD400S with buitl-in mic and also an standalone mic, both doesn't work.
When i select "listen to this device" on sound -- recording and selecting the mic i only hear constant static, like a white noise sound.
Alreaqdy tried to reinstall the drivers, including the ones from gigabyte's site

Any help?

Ryflick

Reputable
Jun 23, 2019
steamcommunity.com
Hi, i have an Gigabyte B550M DS3H, wich uses Realtek audio.
I installed a clean win10 on my ssd, and right after upgraded to win 11.
Then i downloaded all the drivers but noted that my mic input dont work. I tried connecting on the front jack as well as on the back of the PC.

I plugged an Senheiser HD400S with built-in mic and also an standalone mic, both doesn't work.
When i select "listen to this device" on sound -- recording and selecting the mic i only hear constant static, like a white noise sound.
Already tried to reinstall the drivers, including the ones from Gigabyte's site

Any help?

I usually encounter this similar issue and solving it by fully uninstall everything that has REALTEK AUDIO DRIVER name in it.
And try to install Realtek UAD Generic from GitHub, so far no problems whatsoever by following the instructions provided from the GitHub.

note : I might get warned about this because this is UNOFFICIAL build audio driver, but this is the fix I usually did to fix audio problems.

Last edited:

hollow05

Distinguished
May 13, 2007
Git Hub info is safe.
Just installed the driver from Github, still not working.
I tested my mic on a cellphone and I can atest that it's working.
I also tested an JBL earphone from a friend using a p3-p2 splitter and this is the only mic that i managed to make work so far, although with low volume.

I think uninstalling the realtek drivers, then allowing windows to automatically install the driver when connecting the mic might be the best option to try out first.
Just tried this right after unistalling the GITHUB drivers, still no mic ..

Any toughts on what to do next, please?

Last edited:

Ryflick

Reputable
Jun 23, 2019
steamcommunity.com
Just installed the driver from Github, still not working.
I tested my mic on a cellphone and I can atest that it's working.
I also tested an JBL earphone from a friend using a p3-p2 splitter and this is the only mic that i managed to make work so far, although with low volume.

Just tried this right after unistalling the GITHUB drivers, still no mic ..

Any toughts on what to do next, please?

I assume your jack plug is having hardware issue, or maybe your headphone jack is having hardware issue.

Have you tested your headset through another device? Phone or maybe laptop / another desktop PC ?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I would bet you have a hardware issue that can be solved with a simple adapter.

All audio plugs and sockets on a common PC case use a system of THREE contacts in the plug - a Tip, a Ring, and a Sleeve, called a TRS system. It's good for 2-channel stereo, with the Tip as Left channel, Ring as Right channel, and Sleeve as Ground. But if you are using a headset, where is the connection for the MIC? Not there. That is why most headsets intended for use with a computer have a cable with TWO plugs on the end - one for the earphones, and the other for the Mic - with colour codes on them - black (or green) for Earphone, pink for Mic. Likewise the computer case has TWO sockets with colour codes.

Apple and many others use a different connector with FOUR contacts - Tip, Ring1, Ring2, and Sleeve - called TRRS. Look at your headset's cable and I bet that is what you have. One of those Rings is the Mic contact. This connector is the same diameter and length as the common TRS system, so it DOES fit into the socket. But it does NOT make the right connections. You need to get an adapter that will convert your TRRS single plug into a pair or TRS plugs that you can plug into the correct two sockets of your case. Like this

https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Splitter-KOOPAO-Microphone-Earphones/dp/B084V3TRTV/ref=sr_1_8?crid=2P605LVIZDWPJ&keywords=trrs+adapter&qid=1659806422&sprefix=TRRS+Adapter,aps,89&sr=8-8

You can use that with either the front panel sockets or the ones on the back.