Question Win 11 with only 8GB of RAM?

EssKayKay

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Hello,
I am considering purchasing a used Dell XPS 7390 laptop. It’s running Windows 11. My only concern is it only has 8 GB of RAM. Will this suffice or will I be disappointed. My current machine is a Dell XPS13 9350 running Win10 with 8 GB or RAM – that works fine for me. Will the performance be similar with Win11 or is there a major performance hit going from Win10 to Win11?

Thanks for viewing,
Steve K.

Last edited:

EssKayKay

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Thank you all for your insight. I'm going to dive into the 7390 and see what happens.

I'm still looking at purchasing a new 13-inch laptop. My biggest concern here is many of the newer machines (particularly Dell's) have a very limited number of ports including a power jack, headphone jack, USB-3, etc. I realize I can use an external USB-C hub but I know I will miss the other ports. Having to carry around a hub just seems like a real pain, if you know what I mean.

Any other suggestions on what to look for regarding a new 13-inch Windows laptop would be appreciated. I may post this question separately.

Thanks again,
Steve

Thank you all for your insight. I'm going to dive into the 7390 and see what happens.

I'm still looking at purchasing a new 13-inch laptop. My biggest concern here is many of the newer machines (particularly Dell's) have a very limited number of ports including a power jack, headphone jack, USB-3, etc. I realize I can use an external USB-C hub but I know I will miss the other ports. Having to carry around a hub just seems like a real pain, if you know what I mean.

Any other suggestions on what to look for regarding a new 13-inch Windows laptop would be appreciated. I may post this question separately.

Thanks again,
Steve
I can highly recommend this Framework laptop which can be customized on exactly what ports you want, though they are definitely not cheap.

TRENDING THREADS