Win 7 64 / OEM Brand new - not opened $85 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

garage1217

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
Accidentally purchased for daughters laptop which is 32 bit. NEVER opened or activated. Current version that does not get tied to the mobo. Paypal accepted - can ship tomorrow. Just wanna sell it quick so I can grab her the right version!

ckholt83

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
OEM does attach itself to the motherboard, it's the full retail copy that can be re-used. Also, to my understanding, your license key should still work fine with either a 32 or 64 bit install.

Edit: Just double checked to be certain, the license key is architecture agnostic. You just need to download an ISO for the 32 bit Windows disc and you can use the key that came with your 64 bit copy to validate it.

garage1217

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
Actually current ones do not attach to the mobo. I have verified it as I just went last month from a 890gxm-g65 to a crosshair formula Z with the same copy of windows. Just had to do phone activation. No attachment like my original copy of windows 7 which is stuck with one of my laptops.

Good to know on the iso though! Will read up thanks!

OEM license does attach -Just MS is pretty forgiving and if you do the phone activation it will sometimes allow it to be reactivated even though it technically is not supposed to (same with other OEM copies) -- so If you verified it last month installing it on a system, was it purchased by mistake for your daughters system and never used or it has been used Twice already ??

IF it was a full retail version that does not get tied to the first system it is installed on it would have included both the 64 and 32 bit install media !! -- but as the earlier poster mentioned it does not matter which version (32 bit or 64 bit) is used to install that key will work for either so no need to buy another 32 bit copy just download a 32 bit install media and use that key rather than sell it at a loss - as the keys are useable for either 32 or 64 bit installs only the install media varies.

Status
Not open for further replies.