Win 7 64bit Limited Acess

dtk1337

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011
Hello,

Until recently my internet has worked flawlessly. However, recently my custom build desktop is unable to connect to my router and I have no idea why. When it is able to connect it receives only Limited Access with no internet connection. I have combed through the forums and have tried many things but nothing has been able to solve this problem.

Things I have tried
1. Disabled and uninstalled the bonjour service

2. Tried a different wireless adapter. I now have three that I have interchanged all with the same problem. 1 PCI wireless N internal card from monoprice and 2 USB wireless N adapters.

3. Disabled ipv6 on all networking cards

4. I system restored to a week before these issues arose and it appeared as though the problems were fixed but when I restarted my computer all the issues came back.

The thing is my old laptop/computer hardwired via ethernet to router/phone/xbox all work perfectly so I do not believe it to be a router issue.

I am running Windows 7 64bit and have been pretty consistent with the updates. I recently bought the WNDR3700 because of the favorable reviews and hoped my router troubles would end.

I am frustrated and pulling my hair out any help would be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts