Win 7 Commercial Shows Strange Slideshow

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems microsoft is sticking to the technique that its so easy a kid can do it, problem is the kids can do it easily but all of their parents get lost. Now if they showed a 60 year old woman able to quickly figure out windows that would be something but i dont think thats possible.

[citation][nom]hunter315[/nom]It seems microsoft is sticking to the technique that its so easy a kid can do it, problem is the kids can do it easily but all of their parents get lost. Now if they showed a 60 year old woman able to quickly figure out windows that would be something but i dont think thats possible.[/citation]
Agreed! These days most kids are smarter than their parents!

AdamB5000

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
I wonder if we'll ever see another white person in a commercial for an American based company or product.

Cute little girl, though.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Can't say I appreciate the articles title. The little girl explains quiet plainly its a "Happy Slideshow" not "Strange Slideshow."

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
I think M$ made a very good approach in this campaign. They are addressing all the negativity of Apple Ads towards Vista during it's life, such as stability, ease of use, virues, speed security...etc.

Good start/marketing if i do say so myself :)

krazynutz

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2003
[citation][nom]hunter315[/nom]It seems microsoft is sticking to the technique that its so easy a kid can do it, problem is the kids can do it easily but all of their parents get lost. Now if they showed a 60 year old woman able to quickly figure out windows that would be something but i dont think thats possible.[/citation]
I don't see too many 60+ people picking up a Mac quickly either. Technology just isn't their thing. Sure there are exceptions but seniors and computers, regardless of the OS, just don't mix well. And since more kids are gonna be using computers than their grandparents, that's exactly what MS is marketing to. Though, it would be awesome to see an old lady say in a sweet old jittery voice, "I'm 95 years old and I'm a PC"

worst 3

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
good commercial i think, i don't know why they have not hit mac with a commercial saying mac suggest anti virus for there comp yet and such.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
microsoft redeemed themselves on windows 7 with me by allowing me to get sound with my onboard with my pentium 4.

now next thing is to see if they added drivers for my pci sound card since my onboard gets choppy if i scroll down a youtube page..oh wells.. what i get for using outdated technology. still, p4 3.2ghz 800mhz bus is pretty robust even put up against my E8400. just that it doesn't have a very good graphics card.

tkgclimb

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
good comercial, would get it but i have a hard time buying a new OS (100 for a program) when I can get a new PSU or some nice ddr3 memory for that.

But I'm sure it will be great, because actually I love vista more than XP

gerohmygosh

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
[citation][nom]AdamB5000[/nom]I wonder if we'll ever see another white person in a commercial for an American based company or product.Cute little girl, though.[/citation]
I really want to say they chose the little Asian girl because yeah, she's cute, but also somehow everyone thinks all Asians are smart. Combine the two and there is Microsoft's approach. I'll admit that I'm one of those idiots who didn't know Nokia was Finnish till Transformers because credit is easily given to the Japanese or Chinese as many believe they are that smart and all.

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Agreed! These days most kids are smarter than their parents![/citation]
I disagree. Most kids are more technologically savvy than their parents but they are quite often as stubborn and stupid as a rock. Not all of them, but alot of them.

war2k9

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
It is so funny reading all the post on this ad.
1) The dad will not let a four year old touch his computer.
2) Apple ad always lies about their products, it seem like ms is following apple's footstep.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]war2k9[/nom]It is so funny reading all the post on this ad. 1) The dad will not let a four year old touch his computer.2) Apple ad always lies about their products, it seem like ms is following apple's footstep.[/citation]
I let my girlfriends nieces and nephews on my laptop all the time. They can actually find some very creative ways to entertain themselves. And the most I have to worry about is a sticky keyboard which is easy enough to fix.

Not all parents or authority figures in children's lives are hard-line dictators. The most it does is stifle their creativity/ingenuity and that's precisely why America's high schools are filled with mindless drones who can barely manage to feed themselves without getting injured.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]spanky deluxe[/nom]Oh dear. I bet Steve Jobs is in hysterics after seeing this.[/citation]
Aren;t we all?
[citation][nom]war2k9[/nom]It is so funny reading all the post on this ad. 1) The dad will not let a four year old touch his computer.2) Apple ad always lies about their products, it seem like ms is following apple's footstep.[/citation]
I let me nephew play with my computer... between the ages of 1-3 years... what are you saying?
[citation][nom]krazynutz[/nom]I don't see too many 60+ people picking up a Mac quickly either. Technology just isn't their thing. Sure there are exceptions but seniors and computers, regardless of the OS, just don't mix well. And since more kids are gonna be using computers than their grandparents, that's exactly what MS is marketing to. Though, it would be awesome to see an old lady say in a sweet old jittery voice, "I'm 95 years old and I'm a PC"[/citation]
Most of my neighbors are 50-70 years of age. Almost everyone has a computer. Most of them tried stealing my wireless... yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.