WIN 7 Install Doesn't See SSD, but BIOS Does, and Can Browse To It Within WIN 7 Install

JJStarr

Reputable
Dec 3, 2015
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO
MOBO: AMD A88X (Bolton D4)

This is the second time I have had an issue with Windows 7. Basically what happens is I install Win 7 onto the SSD, everything is fine for a few weeks, then upon booting up, the computer says to choose a boot device. Last time, I ended up reinstalling OS onto the SSD.

This time, got the choose a boot device error again, so I was going to format the SSD and reinstall OS onto it. BIOS sees the SSD, only have the CD drive and the SSD plugged in. However the SSD isn't on the list of places to install to. However, when looking for drivers, I can browse through the SSD, which has all of the Windows files on it, from the previous install.

Very frustrated. Please help. Thank you in advance.

Edit: wanted to also say when running the diskpart through cmd, it says "there are no fixed disks to show."

Solution
Welcome to Tom's Hardware, JJStarr!

I'd suggest you to try resetting BIOS using one of the methods listed here: http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-Your-BIOS
It will get your BIOS settings back to factory defaults, so you'd need to reconfigure them, but it might help you with the detection issues as well.
I'd also recommend you to go to your motherboard manufacturer's website and make sure you have all the SATA controller/chipset drivers updated from there. While at it, I'd also check the BIOS version and make sure you have the latest one.

Hope it helps. Good luck! :)
SuperSoph_WD
Welcome to Tom's Hardware, JJStarr!

I'd suggest you to try resetting BIOS using one of the methods listed here: http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-Your-BIOS
It will get your BIOS settings back to factory defaults, so you'd need to reconfigure them, but it might help you with the detection issues as well.
I'd also recommend you to go to your motherboard manufacturer's website and make sure you have all the SATA controller/chipset drivers updated from there. While at it, I'd also check the BIOS version and make sure you have the latest one.

Hope it helps. Good luck! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Solution