Win 7 "No connections available"

Camcognito

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
I've been trying all day to fix my friends computer Internet connection. He decided to switch from Ubuntu to Windows 7 today. So we re-installed Windows 7 on thenPC and got all the necessary motherboard drivers. I've tried installing all the necessary drivers in my motherboard CD and removing the firewall.

Edit: The PC is definitely detecting my wireless network adapter, it just keeps on having the yellow exclamation point next to it and when I try to install drivers it says they don't exist. And clue what is wrong?

Solution
There is more than one way to install drivers for devices.

If you had an executable file, or setup on the provided for the wireless adapter and it failed to install or find the drivers.

The other method is to put that cd/dvd in the drive of the system.

You then want to click on:
Start.
Control panel.
System and security

Where you see System, down to the bottom right is device manager, click on it to open.

The wireless adapter should be listed when you click on network adapters.
And you should see it there with a yellow exclamation mark next to it.

Or it may be listed in other devices with the yellow exclamation mark next to the hardware.

Right click on the adapter, listing and from the pull down menu select update driver...
There is more than one way to install drivers for devices.

If you had an executable file, or setup on the provided for the wireless adapter and it failed to install or find the drivers.

The other method is to put that cd/dvd in the drive of the system.

You then want to click on:
Start.
Control panel.
System and security

Where you see System, down to the bottom right is device manager, click on it to open.

The wireless adapter should be listed when you click on network adapters.
And you should see it there with a yellow exclamation mark next to it.

Or it may be listed in other devices with the yellow exclamation mark next to the hardware.

Right click on the adapter, listing and from the pull down menu select update driver software.
Select browse my computer for drivers.

And navigate to the dvd drive of the system with the driver disk in it.
You will , or should see a list of folders with driver sets for the adapter based on what os you are running and the bit version of the driver eg: 32bit or x64.

Click, and select the folder you need.
Then click next.

The driver should then be loaded for the hardware.

Solution