**Win 7 only sees 24 GB of 32 GB RAM installed..... help please...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

notech4u

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
#"*******SOLUTION*******"#

HAHA, I HAVE A SOLUTION FOR YOU SIR... we have practically the exsact same build, an Asus sabortooth x79 mobo with an Intel core i7 3630k, I have 2 GTX680s , and the corsair vengeance 32gb set of ram... And I came into the same problem... Yet mine was only showing 16 gb and it said the ram speed was 1333 not its usual 1600... Soooo THE SOLUTION:

remove all but 8gb, leave them in slot a1 (farthest to the left) and b1 (3rd slot in from the left) so that you have 8 gigs over two channels (IMPORTANT)...

then hit the power button, and upon boot, hold the 'memOK!' Button located just above the mobo 24 pin power connector and just right of the ram slots... (Only on Asus mobo's)

then let the computer reset itself, if need be you may need to hit the power button again... But upon boot, boot straight into the Bios. DO NOT LET IT BOOT INTO THE OS!!!!

now in the bios make sure it only sees 8gb of ram, then SAVE AND EXIT the bios... MAKE SURE TO SAVE.

now insert the rest of your ram, all 32 gb... And reboot.

I checked in the bios before booting into the OS. but

TADA ALL 32BG OF RAM ARE THERE ;).

I hope this works for you, I know it frustraighted the hell otta me ;), good luck.
-JAKE

alexherreraz

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013

i may need help too with something like that :( http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/1623113/last-read i dont get why my mother board does that

TRENDING THREADS