Question Win 7 Pro: Slow POST, Slow SSD System Drive Boot, and D Drive suddenly missing.

AARRGGHHH

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
These problems all occurred at the same time, it started when I booted up Thursday night. POST seems to take forever. I cannot seem to get into the BIOS to check settings. My system drive (C drive) is veracrpt encrypted, once the password is accepted (this seems to take the usual amout of time) the computer normally takes about 20 seconds to boot. I just timed the boot process after the PW is accepted, it's currectly taking 2 minutes 30 seconds to boot. Also, my D Drive, an unencrypted drive, is completely mising from Explorer and Windows Disk Management. Since it disappreared at the same time as the system drive issue, I can't believe that it's a coincidence.

Defraggler shows C Drive has about 80% free space, 5% fragmentation. and disk health is "Good". Chkdsk reports "Windows has checked the file system and found no problems."

Running Windows 7 Professional
An old installation of Windows 7 Home is on the D Drive

Computer is a Dell Insprion 560 with many upgrades (such as the SSD), none of which are recent (most recent was last summer).

VeraCrypt is 1.21 / 64 bit, again, no recent changes.

I'm at a loss as to what's causing the slow POST, lack of BIOS access, very slow BOOT, and missing D Drive.

Thank you very much