Win 7 problem with updates

Filipgpl

Commendable
Mar 21, 2016
Hello, i have win 7 enterprise x64. I didnt updated it for a while and i started updating yesterday. I turned off the pc to install updates. After about 10 hours pc was still on installing update 3 out of 30. I turned it off by holding on power button and now i have weird problems.
1. Explorer is hanging every time i try to do something.
2. Slow start.
3. Problems with some files and programs. (I cant open firewall advanced settings, it says file is not compatible with win64 or something like that.)
4. System asks me for disk check almost every boot (i did it 2 times).
And i have win update issue (doesnt download updates always 0%. I have security essentials as antivirus and im going to do sfc scannow. Is there a way to restore win 7 system files and then run the updates?

Filipgpl

Commendable
Mar 21, 2016
I did that as well. Now i have another problems after sfc. I get few errors and cant update but i think its because i cant acess msc files. It says "this file version is imcompatible with windows" etc. I cant open services.msc, firewall etc.

Filipgpl

Commendable
Mar 21, 2016
Okey.. safe mode stuck on loaded amdkmpfd.sys and some weird critical errors. Can i load main files from win 7 cd?

@nevermind i just had to wait few minutes. I did sfc in normal mode. And i still cant open any msc file.

Filipgpl

Commendable
Mar 21, 2016
sfc told me some errors couldnt be fixed or something. i have full 100MB log.. anyway i found out that the problem is in mmc.exe file which is corrupted somehow. i deleted it from system32 folder and ran sfc tool. we shall see what it will do. btw boot from cd and repair will just overwrite my sys32 files?

TheBeerAddict

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2015
The problem can be anywhere and even if u fix mmc.exe or anything.exe something else will be corrupted...so finding those corrupted files manually wont lead to anything...Windows update obviously messed up your system...Also Dont delete system files cause may lead to
irreversible damage...I would try at this point booting from the cd

TheBeerAddict

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2015
Windows update got stuck somewhere and that hard reset you did corrupted your system (i would do the same i dont blame you).I dont think there is any other option at this point without too much effort for making it work...Sorry mate :(