Win 7 running at a crawl, looking for help

pieman1234

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
Hey,

Recently my computer has started to run slowly for no apparent reason. I'll turn on my computer and windows will take far longer than normal to start, then when I try to do something (can be as simple as clicking a link or something bigger like opening a game) it will take such a long time to complete the action that it eventually flicks between responding and not responding. When this happens, all programs will be unresponsive for a short period and then once the operation is complete, I have a little control. The problem will then happen again when you attempt another action. It means that games often freeze and are generally unplayable and browsing the web has become too frustrating. Was hoping for a little help if anyone can spare a moment!
I've run check disk and it didn't seem to show anything obvious and the task manager doesn't show any out of the ordinary memory usage - it frequently does this while using 1-2% CPU and 15-25% physical memory. I formatted and that had no effect either. If someone could help me out with another way to diagnose, I'd be very appreciative.

OS - 62bit Windows 7 Ultimate
Processor - Intel core i5-230P CPU @ 3.10 GHz 3.40GHz
RAM - 4GB
Graphics card - NVidea GTX560