[SOLVED] Win 7, two monitors: mouse goes offscreen

REALOldNick

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2013
I have two monitors, one of which I just bought. One is 19201080 and the other is 1280800 (much smaller screen size: it is the secondary screen and I want to be able to read it at a distance).

I am pretty sure this problem existed before I bought the large screen, but not nearly so bad, as the resolutions were more close.

The mouse will not cross from the smaller monitor to the larger for about 1/5 of the way down the smaller screen and then appears right at the top of the larger screen.

If I move from the larger screen to the smaller one, at any point below about 1/2 way up the larger screen, the mouse cross esover, but has to be dragged up on the smaller screen, before it even shows.

Is there any way to either stop this, or at least cause the mouse to at least be on the screen when crossing from the larger to the smaller?

Thanks for any help

Nick

Solution
vH2kAPe.jpg

If you right-click on your desktop and select, "Display Settings" (in Windows 10), you should see something like this (this is my set up). The two displays should be fairly close to each other and you can move them in relation to each other. This should clear up any off set you're experiencing.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
vH2kAPe.jpg

If you right-click on your desktop and select, "Display Settings" (in Windows 10), you should see something like this (this is my set up). The two displays should be fairly close to each other and you can move them in relation to each other. This should clear up any off set you're experiencing.

-Wolf sends

Solution

REALOldNick

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2013
Hey thanks! So easy and so ....hidden. It does not get rid of it, but at least the offscreen distance is halved at the bottom, and the transition from small to large is much easier to handle.

REALOldNick

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2013
No problem. As you can see from my set up, I have a similar situation. If my mouse is in the lower left of my primary screen, it gets caught up trying to move to my secondary screen.

-Wolf sends
HAH! Your misfortune is my good luck! :)

As I say, I am pretty sure that the problem was always there before the new screen, but small enough that I could almost unconcsiously get around it.

Nick