Win 7 won't boot: deleted file with Easy BCD

discoslice

Honorable
Sep 18, 2014
So I was trying to fix something with Easy BCD and I didn't save something afterwards in the program - it warned me and I rebooted anyway. Now I won't boot.

Win 7 install CD works but repair doesn't do jack. Tried to fix it manually with bootrec /rebuildbcd but it didn't work. It says it's confused by two indistinguishable locations of something.

I might have boot information on both the C and D drive - I cloned C recently and may have some issues leftover from that.

What can I do? I'd rather not reinstall windows - it was just workin 5 mins ago. I have access to a CD burner on my laptop so can make an emergency boot cd if suggested. Also I have access to Minitool partition magic.

Thanks!

discoslice

Honorable
Sep 18, 2014
My new C drive is a clone of an old SSD I removed already. D drive is a new black WD I got. I do have the old SSD drive with windows on it - but it caused problems if I had the clone plus the old drive connected at same time.

I see two Resevered Partitions in both C and D - for 128 mb. Also I did some fiddling with Diskpart as well - reassigned a drive letter. Both C and D are GPT if that matters - as well as both have Efi system partitions.

discoslice

Honorable
Sep 18, 2014
I fixed it. I downloaded Easy Recovery form Neosmart and it actually ended up fixing it. I had to change in my BIOS for some reason to NOT try to load Windows Boot Manager, and instead go right to my SSD HD and load from there. Then I get no errors. Not sure why WBM is causing problems.