[SOLVED] win 7 wont load to unallocated

Jan 24, 2019
I installed new AMD CPU(A10 from A8) in my MSI MB and system crashed, Could not sys restore anything had to format HD and do clean install. When trying to install 7 after formatting HD, it says cant load to allocated partition, I removed partition, and it looks like it installs, then restarts and says "no boot disk, press crtl alt delete."

I loaded win 7 from same cd on my AMD fx-6300(another machine) and it worked fine from a formated HD.

Thinking of going back to the A8 and see if it will load from a formated HD, wouldnt think the A10 of being the problem but??????

Solution
Before you formatted the drive, you did not see if using the A8 made it boot? Just swapping the CPU should not have caused Windows to mess up. Did you check to make sure you have the latest BIOS before you swapped CPUs?

First step in troubleshooting, if you do something and it causes an issue, revert back to original setup to see why it may have.
Before you formatted the drive, you did not see if using the A8 made it boot? Just swapping the CPU should not have caused Windows to mess up. Did you check to make sure you have the latest BIOS before you swapped CPUs?

First step in troubleshooting, if you do something and it causes an issue, revert back to original setup to see why it may have.

Solution
Jan 24, 2019

Just figured it out. I put the drive in my other machine and loaded windows 7 on it. plugged it straight into the MB of the first machine. it fired right up. I have a swappable bay where I had been using the drive. by passing it and plugging straight into the MB worked so I know the bay is bad. Thx