Question Win 8.1 cant install any apps from windows store

uploder

Honorable
Jun 14, 2014
Im aware 8.1 is no longer supported as all the msn apps stopped working but whenever I try to install ANY app from the windows store I cant. Like a 3rd party weather app. It wont let me add my PC as a device. Is this simply because 8.1 isnt supported anymore? Is the only fix at this point to upgrade to windows 10?

uploder

Honorable
Jun 14, 2014
Just providing an update that I was able to upgrade to 10 without issue and to shed some light just in case someone else is in my same position later . Some specs first
C:/ 1 TB ssd
F:/ 500gb SSD
E:/ 1TB HDD

I disconnected F & E drives from my mobo and proceeded with the update using the windows media creation tool and chose to keep all my data. After update I powered off and reconnected drives but these drives didnt show, not even in disk management after a restart. I came across a youtube vid that said to try Windows memory diagnostic tool. After running, both my drives appeared and mapped correctly. Also to note my windows 10 is activated already. I know there is some grey area on if the free update was still available. I can confirm as of today it still is.

Randi Poling

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2014
Just providing an update that I was able to upgrade to 10 without issue and to shed some light just in case someone else is in my same position later . Some specs first
C:/ 1 TB ssd
F:/ 500gb SSD
E:/ 1TB HDD

I disconnected F & E drives from my mobo and proceeded with the update using the windows media creation tool and chose to keep all my data. After update I powered off and reconnected drives but these drives didnt show, not even in disk management after a restart. I came across a youtube vid that said to try Windows memory diagnostic tool. After running, both my drives appeared and mapped correctly. Also to note my windows 10 is activated already. I know there is some grey area on if the free update was still available. I can confirm as of today it still is.

I honestly doubt Microsoft will stop with the free upgrades. By allowing people to upgrade to 10, its making their numbers bigger for the market-share of WIndows 10, and in theory, they can make some money off whatever they make from their store, so why not?