Question Win 8.1 GPU driver(?) causing restarts

CodyMondo

Reputable
Oct 13, 2015
Greetings, have a new issue thats been going on for 3 days and its getting bad. all of a sudden im getting the "nvidia display driver had stopped responding and as recovered" message followed by an abrupt system restart with hard drive buzzing about 10 seconds to a minute later. as of typing this about 25 minutes ago after the restart it boot looped its way into the automatic windows recovery. but i just restarted it and here i am.
this morning i SAFE MODE DDU and installed a newer, but not newest driver and it didnt help. So im not sure if it is a driver issue. my next idea is to reseat the GPU and all my RAM sticks.

Any ideas on this?

CodyMondo

Reputable
Oct 13, 2015
that would suck if my GPU is faulty this is my 2nd one!!! it replaced my GTX960 that went full solid random colors on both screen at random times hard locking the system and completely dying days later. something is causing my GPUs to go out. cant be overheating i have a pretty aggressive fan curve setup.
i can try going the iGPU route but then wont the nvidia drivers not really be doing anything?